Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide Operation - 369RL

Just wanting to make sure this is normal...

When running the two main (hydraulic) slides in, the street side slide will start and the bottom will come in about 5" or so before the top starts to move in. The other slide will then start and the bottom will come in several inches before the top starts to move in. Once the second slide is in or mostly in, the street side slide will finish coming in. Both slides when all the way in are flush top and bottom. Does this sound right? My previous trailer had only a single large electric slide and it pretty much moved in/out evenly.

The electric bedroom slide moves in/out pretty evenly, although when extended completly, the side closest to the front of the trailer has about a 1" gap between the trim and the exterior wall and the side closer to the bathroom has about a 1/2" gap between the trim and the exterior wall. I have tried the "retiming" procedure from Lippert, but it has not made any difference.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jascott View Post
    Just wanting to make sure this is normal...

When running the two main (hydraulic) slides in, the street side slide will start and the bottom will come in about 5" or so before the top starts to move in. The other slide will then start and the bottom will come in several inches before the top starts to move in. Once the second slide is in or mostly in, the street side slide will finish coming in. Both slides when all the way in are flush top and bottom. Does this sound right? My previous trailer had only a single large electric slide and it pretty much moved in/out evenly.

The electric bedroom slide moves in/out pretty evenly, although when extended completly, the side closest to the front of the trailer has about a 1" gap between the trim and the exterior wall and the side closer to the bathroom has about a 1/2" gap between the trim and the exterior wall. I have tried the "retiming" procedure from Lippert, but it has not made any difference.
    jascott we too, have the 369 RL and that is exactly how ours works! I think that is perfectly normal. Knock on wood, the slide motors have never failed us, that is the way ours has always worked! Our bedroom also is exactly like yours.
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds good. I figured as much, but just wanted to double check.

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like you may have the inner gasket on the slideouts sticking when you're retracting the slides. They can be coated with a small amount of baby powder to prevent the gasket from sticking to the fascia.

Here's a youtube video about it... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X701hbSO_ko

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD