User Tag List

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Venting second battery box

I have added a second box to accommodate another deep cycle battery. I'm stuck on the vent. I want to avoid cutting a hole and use the same vent port as the OG. I have found 1-3/4" hose to run another vent but for the life of me cannot find a fitting to connect the two inside the front storage bin. If anyone has already done this could you please share?
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Y is part of GD's parts inventory for construction... our Solitude came with two battery boxes and the hoses Y'ed together and connected to the one vent. I'll keep looking for you, but you might give GD a call and see if they can source the Y for you.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    The Y is part of GD's parts inventory for construction... our Solitude came with two battery boxes and the hoses Y'ed together and connected to the one vent. I'll keep looking for you, but you might give GD a call and see if they can source the Y for you.

Rob
    Rob
    Thanks for looking but I figured it out. Powerscol inspired me in another post. 1-1/4" PVC pipe is the perfect OD to slip inside the flexible vent tube. I also found a 1-1/4" PVC tee in my plumbing surplus bin. A 3" stub on each branch is more than enough to make a tight fit.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 05-21-2021 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Corrected pipe size
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    I have added a second box to accommodate another deep cycle battery. I'm stuck on the vent. I want to avoid cutting a hole and use the same vent port as the OG. I have found 1-3/4" hose to run another vent but for the life of me cannot find a fitting to connect the two inside the front storage bin. If anyone has already done this could you please share?
    Rob is right about the Y, but it is not that simple. You also have to vent the bottom of the new battery box to the outside in order to create a draft. If you pull the OEM battery out of the box, you will see what I mean.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I installed two of the Trojan T105s in mine, it was just easier to buy a new battery box that was the right size for those two batteries. Doing it that way, you have one hole in the top and one hose hooked up to the outside for inlet air, and one hole in the bottom to help create the throughput for the air movement.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    When I installed two of the Trojan T105s in mine, it was just easier to buy a new battery box that was the right size for those two batteries. Doing it that way, you have one hole in the top and one hose hooked up to the outside for inlet air, and one hole in the bottom to help create the throughput for the air movement.
    That's what I did in my Reflection. I bought a battery box that held 2 6V batteries
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA