Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would you do?

Hello All!
    Looking for suggestions. I have four days to get from Colorado Springs, Colorado to Yosemite in June in my XLS 21BHE. Does any body have any suggestions on which route I should take, places I should stop and see, or how long I should travel each day? Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gosh... so many alternatives.

Daily drive time - that is up to you. Do what you feel. Whether you go via I-70 to Salt Lake City and the I-15 to Barstow, CA and then u 58 and 99 or cut across Nevada and enter from the east. So just divide the trip into the number of days - and check for campground availability on the way.

If you only have 4 days, and you have about 1200 or 1300 miles to. So that's 300+ miles a day. For some that's easy, for others it isn't so easy. So I don't see much sightseeing along the way.

Best recommendation: go to RV Trip wizard and plan the trip.

Personally, I don't like CA. So I might try the cross-Nevada route, just not sure of the exact routing.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Gosh... so many alternatives.

Daily drive time - that is up to you. Do what you feel. Whether you go via I-70 to Salt Lake City and the I-15 to Barstow, CA and then u 58 and 99 or cut across Nevada and enter from the east. So just divide the trip into the number of days - and check for campground availability on the way.

If you only have 4 days, and you have about 1200 or 1300 miles to. So that's 300+ miles a day. For some that's easy, for others it isn't so easy. So I don't see much sightseeing along the way.

Best recommendation: go to RV Trip wizard and plan the trip.

Personally, I don't like CA. So I might try the cross-Nevada route, just not sure of the exact routing.
    Me too. Make a left in Reno to Carson City and run down US 395 or cross Stanislaus. There is so much along that route and short detours you can spend weeks. Maybe a fun way to make the run is to have a theme for your sightseeing.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure brother, I live in CO Springs (well we did until we went full-time RV) and we're making the same trip in 30 days. Get RVTripwizard.com and you are set! Hope to see you on the journey! And by the way, (apologies for saying this) but the Rockies are easier to navigate that the Appalachians (never thought I'd say that) but I'm a mountain monkey
    Last edited by CaptPicardo; 05-20-2021 at 08:58 PM.
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katpaige View Post
    Hello All!
    Looking for suggestions. I have four days to get from Colorado Springs, Colorado to Yosemite in June in my XLS 21BHE. Does any body have any suggestions on which route I should take, places I should stop and see, or how long I should travel each day? Any help is appreciated! Thanks.
    Good morning and Welcome. I too do not like to tow in CA. Fuel prices are high and the last time I towed there, the speed limit for TVs was 55mph. Enjoy your trip and Blessings on your travels. Frank.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression