User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Busted Slide out Hydraulic Cylinder Due to GD Flaw

Does anyone have the part number or know the length of the off-door/kitchen slide out hydraulic cylinder on a 2019 351M? The darn bolt going through the rotating cross shaft was too long, and it just popped a hole in my cylinder today! I will be calling GD first thing in the AM, but I am hoping to get a jump on things, as my Momentum and my truck are now stuck. Thanks!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tomato View Post
    Does anyone have the part number or know the length of the off-door/kitchen slide out hydraulic cylinder on a 2019 351M? The darn bolt going through the rotating cross shaft was too long, and it just popped a hole in my cylinder today! I will be calling GD first thing in the AM, but I am hoping to get a jump on things, as my Momentum and my truck are now stuck. Thanks!
    Yup. Found the exact same issue with mine on the dinette slide. Luckily I found it before it punched a hole in the cylinder. Absolutely ridiculous.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do either you have a pic of this?
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll post actual pics later, but you can see it in the Lippert video here. Grand Design mounted that rotating cross bar inside the frame, so the bolt is right below the pressurized cylinder.

I spoke to GD this morning, and they are going to send me a new cylinder at no charge. I am going to pay for priority overnight delivery. I am still waiting on confirmation that the part is in stock. I will probably lose my mind if it is back ordered...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ-gG2tiWO8

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great..Gotta droop chloroplast to inspect.

Thanks for the video!
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interestingly in the video they are careful to reset location of the exterior/outside nuts but not the back end mounting nuts...

Crazy that they used such a long bolt. Now I'm gunna have to go look at mine.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    Great..Gotta droop chloroplast to inspect.

Thanks for the video!
    You should be able to see it through the hole in the frame. I had someone move the slide in and out while I was underneath watching. (I was checking for a hydraulic leak) You'll see the cylinder jerk up and down as the rod spins and the bolt contacts the cylinder. My off door side didn't have the issue. The problem on mine was the shoulder on the bolt was to long. I couldn't tighten it down far enough and cut off enough of the excess threads. I took out the bolt, tapped the threads down farther on the shoulder portion and then cut off the excess. The distance from the bolt to the cylinder is much shorter than what is in the video.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was able to see through the frame hole and see they used an appropriate size bolt. No conflict!
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should be able to sneak a peek through the frame slot that the rod come through and see it.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spoke to Lippert and actually went ahead and ordered another 1 to ensure I get it ASAP. Should have called them first. All you need is the number stamped on the end of the cylinder that you can view through the hole in the frame. Mine is a "24" for the 24" stroke. Fortunately, they only make 1 at that stroke - Lippert part #339031 .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast