User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mattress

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more person that changed the stock mattress for 90 pound RV king. No slide issues; but I did have to install beefier struts for the bed lift.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jansonbob View Post
    How to choose a right mattress size and which mattress brand is the best? I need help, please.
    Especially since you are asking in a thread started by another, you really need to specify what model RV you are asking about. In general, sizes are standard - queen, king, etc. Pay attention though to thickness. Pile towels or whatever on the stock bed to build it up to whatever you are considering, and try getting in/out of bed. On ours, the extra few inches makes it more challenging to get in and out, even though it is much more comfortable. The extra weight may make it harder to open any underbed hatch, and for it to stay open. As far as brand, it is totally your choice as to features/comfort. No need to shop for an RV specific one.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How to choose a right mattress size and which mattress brand is the best? I need help, please.
    My stock mattress fit very well, so I simply measured the dimensions of it; i did go with a thicker new one. As far as brands, this is largely a matter of personal preference. I'd recommend going into a local store to see what feels right. Lots of feedback here on mattresses that other's have liked; there are a fair number of good choices.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    For comparison, we have a Purple 3 Hybrid in ours, and I believe it's deeper than your Reflection bed slide. The Purple is 30# heavier and I rebuilt the bed deck and reinforced the bed box plus added drawer storage. All of that, still below the capacity of the Schwintek and what GD provided to us, in writing, were the capacities of our slide boxes.
    Would you mind sharing how you rebuilt the bed deck? Buying a conventional 4x8 sheet of thicker plywood isn't wide enough, so how did you go about? 4x8 joined together with strapping underneath?
    2016 Chevy Silverado LT Duramax
    2022 Reflection 295RL, after owning 2 Rockwood 8289's

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This post was part of a spamming scheme. It has been deleted and the user banned.

Rob
    Last edited by Second Chance; 10-25-2021 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Update information
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12