User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 315RLTS - space issue?

I recently purchased a 2021 Reflection 315RLTS with the Haier residential fridge. I took it out for the first time this week. Although I'm super happy about the purchase, I have a couple questions/concerns. Hopefully other owners on here can give me advice.

First, they seem to have made these things extremely tight when the slideouts are in. When the kitchen area slide is in, the door of the fridge actually butts up to the kitchen island cabinet door. So much so that it has already left a mark on the fridge door where the fridge and cabinet doors rub eachother. Was this just a poor installation on my particular trailer, or are they all like this?

Secondly, how am I supposed to put a stopper in the fridge door to allow it to defrost if the slide pushes the door all the way up against the island cabinet door? There is no room at all to Crack the fridge door open when the slideout is closed. I guess I can do the right side doors, but not the left side doors because those are the ones hitting the island. Also, my fridge came with a grey rubber T-shaped thing. I assume that is somehow used to prop the doors open to defrost, but I can't figure it out.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Haier fridges are relatively new to the GD lineup, so you may have to be patient and wait for someone to come along that has experience with your specific situation.

In the meantime, you can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Welcome to the forum!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome! Agree with Rob, a good signature will save everyone time as you start to talk with folks.

Topic on hand…we have a 2020 315rlts, but have the Norcold. While it does come close with the slides in it doesn’t touch. I think the other fridge might be a touch bigger. One suggestion defrost with the slide out. Can’t really think of too much else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've installed a Haier HRQ16 in my 2017, fit perfectly in there. I've got about an inch maybe a little more between the left door and the island, it's definitely not hitting the island I know that for sure, not sure how yours is fixed down but I would think if it's hitting the island it needs to be pushed back a hair more in the slide to give the additional clearance
    To lock the doors I purchased a fridge fixer off of AMAZON to keep the doors locked while in motion and also to prop them open when in storage.

I have a video of the install but haven't posted it as of yet.
    The only thing that works on a RV is the owner...
    Jared - 315RLTS - 2500HD

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh one other thing I forgot, you don't have to defrost this like you would with the Norcold that was in these, it just don't happen or I should say hasn't happened in the year I've had it installed. The main reason I would prop it open is for when in storage to keep the funk down with letting the air flow inside the unit when it's not running.

I took a photo of a video of how mine is installed, you can see that the face of the fridge box is flush with the cabinet face, I was trying to see some videos on youtube to see how it's installed but no one really is showing that too closely but it looks like it's the same.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-05-22 at 12.05.48 AM.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	138.7 KB 
ID:	34287
    Jared - 315RLTS - 2500HD

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot. When I get a chance I'll compare your picture with what I have. Sounds like I need to take it back to the dealer to take care of that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a photo of the slides in and the door open to vent while it's in storage, you can see there is about an inch of space there.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210530_190827585.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	34520
    Last edited by jungleb0y; 05-31-2021 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Format
    Jared - 315RLTS - 2500HD

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much!! Based off of that, it definitely looks like an installation issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jungleb0y View Post
    I've installed a Haier HRQ16 in my 2017, fit perfectly in there. I've got about an inch maybe a little more between the left door and the island, it's definitely not hitting the island I know that for sure, not sure how yours is fixed down but I would think if it's hitting the island it needs to be pushed back a hair more in the slide to give the additional clearance
    To lock the doors I purchased a fridge fixer off of AMAZON to keep the doors locked while in motion and also to prop them open when in storage.

I have a video of the install but haven't posted it as of yet.
    X2. Great little product.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyms77 View Post
    I recently purchased a 2021 Reflection 315RLTS with the Haier residential fridge. I took it out for the first time this week. Although I'm super happy about the purchase, I have a couple questions/concerns. Hopefully other owners on here can give me advice.

First, they seem to have made these things extremely tight when the slideouts are in. When the kitchen area slide is in, the door of the fridge actually butts up to the kitchen island cabinet door. So much so that it has already left a mark on the fridge door where the fridge and cabinet doors rub eachother. Was this just a poor installation on my particular trailer, or are they all like this?…

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Found this thread when I was looking for the one I did on my install. That’s so funny it literally looks like grand design took the install I did and installed that exact fridge in their new models. Anyway I keep the door shut with a child lock on the top and bottom doors. I also found some spring loaded things to go inside to keep stuff on the shelves. For keeping the fridge from rubbing against the island I use a folded up a dish towel and put it between the fridge and the island when I draw the slide in.

Also, I installed a frost free model. I assume theirs is is to. Most residential ones are.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg