User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitsman3 View Post
    you think the CRE3000 could have caused this?
    I doubt it since the cre3000 was installed early last year and no damage occurred to the original westlakes I was still using until this spring. I also didn't see any damage to the goodyear endurance the first two trips this year. I believe the axle was bent either on the way up to the campground this trip or coming home from the trip before.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either overloading or road hazard or a combination of the two. Not eligible for warranty. Fortunantly axles aere not that expensive. I recommend upgrading both while you are at it.
    Axles are too often run very close to their limit... A little road hazard is all it takes to damage them.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tfgd21bhe View Post
    I doubt it since the cre3000 was installed early last year and no damage occurred to the original westlakes I was still using until this spring. I also didn't see any damage to the goodyear endurance the first two trips this year. I believe the axle was bent either on the way up to the campground this trip or coming home from the trip before.
    Good to hear, so your still happy with the CRE3000? I was going to install mine today but after seeing your post, I got scared & decided not to. Ordered the dexter ez-flex instead, but now I’m thinking I should still install the CRE3000? I would still call dexter if I were you and see what they say.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    Either overloading or road hazard or a combination of the two. Not eligible for warranty. Fortunantly axles aere not that expensive. I recommend upgrading both while you are at it.
    Axles are too often run very close to their limit... A little road hazard is all it takes to damage them.
    Definitely never overloaded. We travel very light and have verified with cat scale.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitsman3 View Post
    Good to hear, so your still happy with the CRE3000? I was going to install mine today but after seeing your post, I got scared & decided not to. Ordered the dexter ez-flex instead, but now I’m thinking I should still install the CRE3000? I would still call dexter if I were you and see what they say.
    I'm happy with the CRE3000 and feel that I have less chucking since they were installed.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just discovered that I now have a bent rear axle on my 2020 21BHE, now the rear wheels angle out at the bottom. It was fine on my last trip a week ago. No idea how it was bent as I have never been close to overloaded and have never curbed it. I'm guessing it had something to do with the torture tracks that pass as roads in Michigan.

To add insult to injury it ruined 2 of my new goodyear endurance tires that I just changed over to last month. GRRRR......

I bought the trailer in Aug of 2019 - I wonder if GD/Dexter will do anything for me?
    Curious what size are your axle tubes?

Good luck. I hope it all works out.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jproctor9 View Post

Not sure, but I think they are 3". They are Dexter 3000 lb axles. I'll try to remember to measure them the next time I go to the trailer.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jproctor9 View Post

Measured the axle tube today, they are 2.5".

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just heard back from grand design and they have directed me to dexter so we'll see how that goes. Apparently axles don't fall under the 3 year structural warranty.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Measured the axle tube today, they are 2.5".
    In the event you have to fix it on your dime (likely) I recommend purchasing at Auto Safety House. They have good prices and knowledgeable people.
    Also, it bent once, so it will probably happen again unless you upgrade. Now is the time to do it. Axles can be custom built to your specs. They are available in light, medium, and heavy wall tubes as well.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast