User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Fireside Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    GD "Rain Forest" Style Shower Head & Unit

    The DW is concerned about the fancy shower head/unit on our 351M that is currently in production. Is there enough water pressure? Can the shower wand be replaced? Can the whole unit be replaced without destroying the shower surround? Should we get chrome (instead of black) so we can replace the shower wand with a Oxegenics to increase pressure, if there is a need. Has anyone done this yet? Any thoughts would help. She thinks we want to get a second shower unit now from GD, in case the first one breaks and it's a manufacturer only product. Thanks in advance!
    Carl & Jacqueline
    We R B.O.B. (Boomers on Bikes)
    2020 Momentum 349M
    2019 Ford F450 6.7L PowerStroke

  2. #2
    Rolling Along
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    626
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    City water should be around 40 psi (regulated to make sure) is enough water pressure for all three of the shower heads, and worked for me on a 320G, which I think the shower heads are the only real difference. With the internal water pump, not sure, have not tried it, but would be more inclined to say one shower head. I am currently looking at replacing the shower wand with one that has a shut off valve on it, better temp regulation than hoping to turn the master on/off/hot/cold valve open at the same spot.

    Not sure why she would want a second unit, as unless you abuse it, it should last.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

  3. #3
    Fireside Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    City water should be around 40 psi (regulated to make sure) is enough water pressure for all three of the shower heads, and worked for me on a 320G, which I think the shower heads are the only real difference. With the internal water pump, not sure, have not tried it, but would be more inclined to say one shower head. I am currently looking at replacing the shower wand with one that has a shut off valve on it, better temp regulation than hoping to turn the master on/off/hot/cold valve open at the same spot.

    Not sure why she would want a second unit, as unless you abuse it, it should last.
    Thanks so much. Don't plan to abuse it, but might be nice to have a backup. Helpful info. Appreciate it.
    Carl & Jacqueline
    We R B.O.B. (Boomers on Bikes)
    2020 Momentum 349M
    2019 Ford F450 6.7L PowerStroke

  4. #4
    Site Team Second Chance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Wherever...
    Posts
    9,319
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pressure on the SHURflo water pumps is set to 55 PSI.

    Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full-timed for 9 years in a Reflection 337RLS and Solitude 310GK-R

  5. #5
    Fireside Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help. :-)
    Carl & Jacqueline
    We R B.O.B. (Boomers on Bikes)
    2020 Momentum 349M
    2019 Ford F450 6.7L PowerStroke

  6. #6
    Setting Up Camp
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Bulverde, TX
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    City water should be around 40 psi (regulated to make sure) is enough water pressure for all three of the shower heads, and worked for me on a 320G, which I think the shower heads are the only real difference. With the internal water pump, not sure, have not tried it, but would be more inclined to say one shower head.
    At 45 psi the top head in my 350G doesn’t fully work, much less using multiple units. Will have to try 50 psi.
    2021 Momentum 350G
    2020 F250 6.7 Powerstroke HCTP
    2020 Harley Road Glide
    2020 Harley Road King

  7. #7
    Seasoned Camper
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Johnson City, TN
    Posts
    395
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have that 4-way in our new 310 GK-R, and I set the pressure regulator around 48. It works well enough, but not the 2 body jets with the rain forest head all at the same time, but the main rain forest shower head works pretty well. However, DW likes a nice long shower and that thing puts a lot of volume through it. Bathroom gray tank fills up in just a few days with the two of us. Not a problem with FHU, but problem when no sewer hookups. We are considering switching it to Oxegenics and see if that reduces volume.
    Putting it on the wand is a good idea to be able to use both, I think I'll try that first!
    It would look pretty in a house, but not so much in a rig, IMO. I'd rather drop the two body heads and add some little shelves or something like that.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

  8. #8
    Fireside Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Supremo View Post
    At 45 psi the top head in my 350G doesn’t fully work, much less using multiple units. Will have to try 50 psi.
    Thanks, El_Supremo.
    Carl & Jacqueline
    We R B.O.B. (Boomers on Bikes)
    2020 Momentum 349M
    2019 Ford F450 6.7L PowerStroke

  9. #9
    Fireside Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM0397 View Post
    We have that 4-way in our new 310 GK-R, and I set the pressure regulator around 48. It works well enough, but not the 2 body jets with the rain forest head all at the same time, but the main rain forest shower head works pretty well. However, DW likes a nice long shower and that thing puts a lot of volume through it. Bathroom gray tank fills up in just a few days with the two of us. Not a problem with FHU, but problem when no sewer hookups. We are considering switching it to Oxegenics and see if that reduces volume.
    Putting it on the wand is a good idea to be able to use both, I think I'll try that first!
    It would look pretty in a house, but not so much in a rig, IMO. I'd rather drop the two body heads and add some little shelves or something like that.
    Agreed. Thanks, JM0397
    Carl & Jacqueline
    We R B.O.B. (Boomers on Bikes)
    2020 Momentum 349M
    2019 Ford F450 6.7L PowerStroke

  10. #10
    Seasoned Camper
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Johnson City, TN
    Posts
    395
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're heading out this weekend for a week on the road and I have an Oxegenics to try, so we'll see how much difference that makes in volume per shower.
    VPS, it's a very precise measuring methodology.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.