User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not just about pressure but water flow (gpm). What size hose are you connecting the rig with? Smaller will increase resistance and lower flow (gpm).
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 349m-r
    - 8k axles, toppers, 3rd ac, Onan, Solar, Outside Entertainment, King Bed, Heat Pump, 3 Season Doors, Dual Pane Windows, Happi-Jac, Rear Al Deck
    2021 Ford F-450 Limited

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM0397 View Post
    We're heading out this weekend for a week on the road and I have an Oxegenics to try, so we'll see how much difference that makes in volume per shower.
    VPS, it's a very precise measuring methodology.
    Thank you, JM0397
    Carl & Jacqueline
    We R B.O.B. (Boomers on Bikes)
    2020 Momentum 349M
    2019 Ford F450 6.7L PowerStroke

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NDanecker View Post
    Its not just about pressure but water flow (gpm). What size hose are you connecting the rig with? Smaller will increase resistance and lower flow (gpm).
    Thanks, NDanecker. We use the Zero G hose, which I believe is 1/2 inch. If changing to a larger diameter hose works, I am willing to give that a try.
    Carl & Jacqueline
    2020 Momentum 349M

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by We R BOB View Post
    Thanks, NDanecker. We use the Zero G hose, which I believe is 1/2 inch. If changing to a larger diameter hose works, I am willing to give that a try.
    We have the same hose for the RV which I've used around the house for filling hot tub and pool. I've noticed a difference in output (gpm) between the Zero G hose and a basic garden hose. Not sure on number but I'd estimate 70% flowrate of standard hose. Although I love the zero g hose it just doesn't have the flow of a larger diameter and less restrictive plastic/rubber hose. Crazy...but maybe try 2 hoses with a y at both ends or just get a larger diameter zero g (if they make it).
    - 8k axles, toppers, 3rd ac, Onan, Solar, Outside Entertainment, King Bed, Heat Pump, 3 Season Doors, Dual Pane Windows, Happi-Jac, Rear Al Deck
    2021 Ford F-450 Limited

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Putting a vertical spa in an RV is probably the most ill-conceived idea yet. Unless you're prepared to replumb your rig, you will never get the performance! Upgrading your freshwater hose won't help because there are plenty of smaller diameters the water will push through between the hose and the shower, not to mention 90s and poor use of branching. To integrate these into residential construction to achieve proper performance is challenging enough so imagine how far gone it is within an RV. I do speak from experience from building our homes and doing way too many remodels aside from my RV plumbing adventures!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with @geotex1.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @geotex1 I agree it certainly won't compensate for not having 3/4" main supply lines, pressure loops, etc but reducing the pressure drops due to supply hose friction will help. Also, I keep the pressure regulator in the water bay to keep higher pressure (if its available) within the supply line to the RV, and it keeps the regulator safe from sticky fingers. I don't believe GD's intent is to offer the ability to have all 3 working (overhead rain, handheld, and body) but if you turn each on individually I think its ok and nice to have options. Let's be real - an RV will never replace home amenities but its nice to pretend. LOL
    2021 Ford F-450 Limited

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NDanecker View Post
    We have the same hose for the RV which I've used around the house for filling hot tub and pool. I've noticed a difference in output (gpm) between the Zero G hose and a basic garden hose. Not sure on number but I'd estimate 70% flowrate of standard hose. Although I love the zero g hose it just doesn't have the flow of a larger diameter and less restrictive plastic/rubber hose. Crazy...but maybe try 2 hoses with a y at both ends or just get a larger diameter zero g (if they make it).
    Thank you. Might be worth a try.
    Carl & Jacqueline
    2020 Momentum 349M

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Putting a vertical spa in an RV is probably the most ill-conceived idea yet. Unless you're prepared to replumb your rig, you will never get the performance! Upgrading your freshwater hose won't help because there are plenty of smaller diameters the water will push through between the hose and the shower, not to mention 90s and poor use of branching. To integrate these into residential construction to achieve proper performance is challenging enough so imagine how far gone it is within an RV. I do speak from experience from building our homes and doing way too many remodels aside from my RV plumbing adventures!
    Thanks, geotex1. What you say makes sense. However, surely GD has thought this through, and re-engineered the plumbing to make it work.
    Carl & Jacqueline
    2020 Momentum 349M

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With our unit we have little issues with the rain unit, BUT I did upgrade the rain shower head from one off Amazon that was a higher pressure. It was a day one thing and it's been flawless since. Only time we have been a little disappointed is when we are below 45 PSI. Then we just fill up fresh tank and use the water pump.

I have no complaints considering the alternative.

When they release the black rain unit from that popular brand, which the brand name has eluded me, on Amazon, I'll likely upgrade to that one, but it's no rush.

We keep our regulator to about 60-65 psi where available and love the shower. I did find the volume reduced when using that special Blue brand RV flex hose and found the quality of those hoses to be junk. Had 2 hoses fail in less than a month and they are out if stock every where to get a replacement. Oddly though, the 2 black versions we have that aren't specific have held up very well... go figure.

Newly full timing in our 2021 Momentum 395MS-R with our tow pig being a 2021 F-450 KR

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast