User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    About the only thing you can do is add a re circulation pump and a hot water storage tank to the system. The re-circulation pump would be an added line to the kitchen faucet and return through the storage tank to the heater. From what I know tank-less heaters take full flow to work properly and with out a circulation pump and holding tank they will never work correctly. Contact you local plumber for help. I'm sure it can be put on some sort of switch.

With the re-circulation pump you make the heater think it has full flow. Otherwise just change it out for a high efficiency tank model.

Good luck
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboychincs View Post
    . Now think about the shower.... you wait and wait to get warm water, you jump in and get the temp set about what feels good... and in a few seconds, you are back to cold water... not pleasant!

Thoughts?
    What you’re describing here doesn’t seem like a properly functioning water heater. The Furrion tankless unit in our 340RDS provides consistent, hot water without temperature fluctuations (granted it does take about 10-15 seconds or so, I haven’t actually timed it, to get hot (not warm) water to any of the fixtures, kitchen included, but that is not significantly different than my experience with tanked RV water heaters).

Seems there is something with the 337 and the length of the plumbing to the kitchen that takes too long to get hot water. That’s is unfortunate.

I’d say there is something awry with your water heater; just doesn’t sound right and is inconsistent with what I and others have experienced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboychincs View Post
    I will chime in here as well. We too have the 337RLS and it is new... and we took it out for a short spin this week... OMG, thought we were never going to get any hot water... yes, the bathroom sink gets warm faster than the kitchen sink... but it does take a LONG time! The other issue we have is that the warm/hot water does not last very long before it reverts back to cold water. It is basically useless, IMHO. We just got used to washing our dishes with cold water. Now think about the shower.... you wait and wait to get warm water, you jump in and get the temp set about what feels good... and in a few seconds, you are back to cold water... not pleasant!

I've RV'ed with friends, and their RV seemed to provide warm/hot water somewhat quicker and lasted a very long time...

Is there something we "new" RV'ers are not aware of, or are we doing something wrong, or is there a solution possible?? I've seen tankless, LP water heaters in small cabins in many locations and there was an endless supply of warm/hot water... but the GD design does not seem to work very well...

Thoughts?
    Are you sure the outside (nd inside) shower handles are all off? Even if there is no water coming out of the shower head/spray port if both valves are on it will cause mixing of hot and cold water in the rest of the trailer.

Running out of hot water does not make sense. There is no "storage" in a tankless system so when you get "hot" water, it is from the tankless heater. Unless the input water temperature changes (drops) significantly or the flow increases, the water heater should be able to maintain that temperature. As the plumbing warms up, the temperature should also go up some. If neither the input water temperature changes (are you using water from the tank = fairly constant temp) nor the flow changes, but the water temp goes up then drops I think this would point to a problem with the water heater.

I do not have (or know much about) a tankless system. Do you have a "Water heater bypass" valve for winterizing (tank type system do)? Is it fully closed? Again, if it is partially (or fully) open it could cause mixing of hot and cold water giving you fluctuating results.

Good luck

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so very much... I appreciate your response and suggestions... based on a couple of replies, it seems like I may just have a "bad" unit.... most folks are saying that they indeed to have continuous warm/hot water.... so I have reached out to our dealer as well as to Furrion to see what they say and how to take care of the situation.... I did NOT have time to try setting the PSI to 45... (based on what I saw recommended for the RV was 40 PSI)... and we did have it set for 124F... so will proceed with whatever the dealer says as well as Furrion.... just hate the thought of having to haul it in to get it fixed/replaced... since we have trips scheduled... but will do whatever to "make the wife happy" with the shower temp.... LOL

Thanks again for the reply

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bdelcurto View Post
    What you’re describing here doesn’t seem like a properly functioning water heater. The Furrion tankless unit in our 340RDS provides consistent, hot water without temperature fluctuations (granted it does take about 10-15 seconds or so, I haven’t actually timed it, to get hot (not warm) water to any of the fixtures, kitchen included, but that is not significantly different than my experience with tanked RV water heaters).

Seems there is something with the 337 and the length of the plumbing to the kitchen that takes too long to get hot water. That’s is unfortunate.

I’d say there is something awry with your water heater; just doesn’t sound right and is inconsistent with what I and others have experienced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have to agree that something is wrong with your tankless water heater.

The tankless heaters have an internal flow switch that turns on the heating system.

I am sure that the pipes going to your kitchen sink are not too much longer than the pipes going to your bathroom sink. What I think your problem is that the kitchen sink has a better aerator on it and the water flowing out of your kitchen faucet is not flowing fast enough to "Kick" on the heating system, It is also possible that the flow rate is too close to the minimum flow rate for your internal switch and the switch is only turning on after a lot of water has flowed past the switch. This would also explain why your water turns cold after you have run it for a short period of time because, once the water gets hot, you naturally reduce the flow of water coming out of the faucet. This results in the internal switch not sensing enough flow to keep the heating system turned on, consequently, you get cold water because the heating system has switched off.

If you want to test this; turn on your faucet fully and wait for hot water, then reduce the flow (~ 50%) till you get cold water, then turn the faucet on fully again and I bet you will again get your hot water.

Another issue may be that your water pump does not produce enough flow to trigger the internal switch. If this is the problem you can add a pressurized reservoir (holding tank) that may increase the water flow enough to trigger that internal switch.

You could also have a faulty internal switch.

I think the tankless water heaters seem like a good idea until you realize that these campers are not always tied into full hookups.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once I get hot water, it stays hot and the temperature is very consistent. My only complaint is how long it takes to reach temp especially in the kitchen.
    2019 GMC 2500HD Duramax
    2021 GD Reflection 337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mxdad777 View Post
    Once I get hot water, it stays hot and the temperature is very consistent. My only complaint is how long it takes to reach temp especially in the kitchen.
    I think SolarPoweredRV might be on the right path with flow rate at the kitchen sink. We have a 2020 337 and the flow at the kitchen sink is very low because of the faucet. If we run the sprayer at the kitchen sink we get more pressure and more flow but it is still low flow. If you search this forum you will find discussions on how to remove the flow restrictor from the kitchen faucet which may help.

Side note: If I have the furnace running and do not have the water heater running, six gallon tank heater, I get brief instant hot water from the bathroom sink because of the way the water lines are routed past the furnace ducts.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    All I can say is save the water in a pitcher or something when boon docking...
    I would advise installing the Water Mi$er system. I installed one in the kitchen and one in teh bathroom. THis has saved me 3-4 trips to the water spigot with my 45 gallon water cart over two weeks boon-docking at a Michigan State Parks, and my wife and I can actually make two weeks without having to dump any gray water (using the park's showers).

As for the demand water heater, whether or not it works at all is based on the amount of water flow. In our Solitude the kitchen faucet has much less flow than our shower. Mybrother bought his FR Cedar Creek with a demand system because they believed all the hype about lower fuel costs. After two vacations they got FR to replace it with a standard elec/propane unit. Except for the lack of a remote control they love it. Very hot water is always available now.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have 21 303rls. Our electric water heater takes maybe 15 seconds to be hot in kitchen . Same when it's on propane. I would get it checked by dealer

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mxdad777 View Post
    We have a tankless water heater in our new 2021 337RLS. The question I have is, how long should it take to heat up? When we turn on the bathroom faucet it heats up fairly quickly, but the kitchen sink it runs a long time before it gets hot. This isn’t a problem with full hookups like we currently have, but if you’re boondocking or only have electric hook ups I can see where this would be a problem. It’s hard to save water and keep your gray tank empty when you’re having to let the water run for 3 or 4 minutes just to get hot water. Any of you tankless users have any ideas or tips?
    I do not have a tankless water heater, but have the same problem! I think it is the way they run the plumbing! My water heater is literally a foot and a half below my vanity sink, but it takes about a full minute of running the water to get hot water! The shower and kitchen sink are 6 feet away and it runs for about 2 and 3 minutes to get hot water to them! I was excited to see the hot water heater so close to all my plumbing when we bought the trailer but this trailer takes longer to get hot water than my other trailer did and the water heater was 20 feet from bathroom! Insane how the plumbing is run in these trailers!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast