User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    I can just see it now... Camping in late November, temps in the upper 30's - low 40's, my wife gets up at 3am to use the bathroom, she finishes up, turns the knob, and blood curdling screams erupt as that icy cold water hits her derriere. She jumps up forgetting to turn off the knob, spraying the sink and medicine cabinet as the expletives start to fly!
    No thanks, T. P. has worked fine for us for 62 years so I'll continue on that course.
    I thought you guys up in Schwenksville were tougher than us West Chester city folk???

I play a doctor on TV.... Question: why is your wife pooping at 3 AM? You should take her to a real doctor to have her checked out...

BTW: They make the same unit with hot and cold so you can set the temp...

-B
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife wouldn't even like if it was in the dead heat of the summer and had some cold @ss well or city water squirt her on the privates... Would DEFINITELY need heated water for sure if we installed one of those!
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I first considered using cold water, I was like no way. It did not think it was going to be a nice experance at all. However, it is really not bad. Sure warm is nicer but cold tap water is not ice water. I just measured mine and right out of the faucet it is 70° F. After I let it run for a few minutes it came down to 67°. In the RV with 25' of fresh water hose out in the open, sometimes with the sun shining on it I would guess it is even much warmer.
    Best regards, Lou & Diane Cetrangelo, Saint James, NY
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat | Dually | Diesel | 4x4 | Super Cab | 8' Bed | B&W Goose Ball
    2020 Solitude 310GK | Reese 20k Goosebox |1,550 Watts of Solar | Victron 3k Mutiplus II | 3 SOK 206 AH Batteries | Disk Brakes | MorRide IS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed portable bidets on both our toilets at home. We live on a septic system and tp is one of the worst things for it. I then installed one in the 5er. We dry with tp and put it in a covered trash can. I like the clean feeling. These things are from Home Depot and are around $50 each. I used a sharkbite T to hook up the one in the 5er and blocked off the old spray. With the old spray we had to press the foot control down to use it, very awkward. 15 yo granddaughter visited us and stayed in the 5er. She used this thing and had it turned around wrong way. She thought that was funny.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually just read this entire thread. I'm no closer to converting to a water butt, but I actually read the whole thing.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokeDown View Post
    I thought you guys up in Schwenksville were tougher than us West Chester city folk???

The "guys" I can voucher for... we are tougher. As for the women? what can I say... I like mine on the feminine side, lol!

I play a doctor on TV.... Question: why is your wife pooping at 3 AM? You should take her to a real doctor to have her checked out...

Haha, Who said she was "pooping" at 3am? At 62 most of us get up at least once a night to use the bathroom.

BTW: They make the same unit with hot and cold so you can set the temp...

My 337RLS has the sink located across from the toilet so hooking into the hot water would be a little more work...and I doubt that the water in the line to the toilet is going to be even remotely warm at 3am on a cold night. Heck it takes a good 7 or 8 seconds of water at full blast for my sink or shower to be hot let alone a little spray coming from this gadget.

-B
    Still not for me.
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 10-26-2021 at 05:34 AM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    I installed portable bidets on both our toilets at home. We live on a septic system and tp is one of the worst things for it. I then installed one in the 5er. We dry with tp and put it in a covered trash can. I like the clean feeling. These things are from Home Depot and are around $50 each. I used a sharkbite T to hook up the one in the 5er and blocked off the old spray. With the old spray we had to press the foot control down to use it, very awkward. 15 yo granddaughter visited us and stayed in the 5er. She used this thing and had it turned around wrong way. She thought that was funny.
    Ummm just a bit curious... how do you flush the toilet when you're not in the "sitting" position?
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sparky -- I get up (after cleaning my old butt), turn around and press the petal down (am I missing something here). Seems to work. We have now gone 5 days and the black tank is not "burping" yet so it does take longer to fill it. Use to fill in no more than 4 days. I will probably drain it tomorrow and see if the sensor starts to work.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    Sparky -- I get up (after cleaning my old butt), turn around and press the petal down (am I missing something here). Seems to work. We have now gone 5 days and the black tank is not "burping" yet so it does take longer to fill it. Use to fill in no more than 4 days. I will probably drain it tomorrow and see if the sensor starts to work.
    Yes... In your previous post you said you "blocked off the old spray" so that tells me the foot pedal is no longer in use.
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a group of 5 couples that go on local camping trips together. Last weekend we were at the home of one for dinner and I’ve previously converted 3 of the 5 couples to install bidet seats on their stick and brick homes. It was an interesting conversation answering the questions from one of the holdouts. I was amazed how a previous strong sceptic was strongly supporting the seat.

Another additional surprise was that 3 of the 5 are driving Electric cars as a primary vehicle. The dinner host, a bidet and EV car holdout just contracted to install an RV shelter with solar panels that are expected to produce 60% of his monthly 3500 kWs of electricity to his home. He wants to get it invoiced before year end to take advantage of the 22% tax credit of his $65,000 rv shelter.

It’s an interesting group. A retired IBM executive, a working CPA, a working MD, an owner of a trailer park and me, a retired Technical Services Manager. We are the only ones in the group that aren’t horse owners.

The world is changing.
    Last edited by Jerryr; 10-27-2021 at 09:47 PM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast