User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A Different Approach to get Accurate Black tank Readings

We are new to the forum but have been rving for 17 years. Black tank readings are notorious for being inaccurate. Last spring when the toilet paper shortage started I purchased an American Standard Bidet seat for our home. Our toilet paper usage went down by 90%. And bidets are very kind to your posterior. I installed one on my last fiver in May of 2020 & once I got the black tank very clean I noticed my sensors were much more accurate. We put the toilet paper in a covered small trash can. We found there wasn’t much stuff on the paper as you use it to dry off a little water left on your butt. So when we purchased our Solitude a month ago I immediately transferred the seat to our new Solitude. I also had to purchase a Dometic 320 with an elongated seat. We have been in it full time since & find the black tank sensor goes to empty after flushing the tank. I have noticed the tank is much easier to flush as well. I will be interested to see if anyone else has tried this.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USA in a Chevrolet View Post
    ...Last spring when the toilet paper shortage started I purchased an American Standard Bidet seat for our home....I will be interested to see if anyone else has tried this.
    We installed a bidet in our RV as well - and for the same reason. But, we still flush our TP.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also have a full feature heated bidet at home but in the RV I much prefer the hand sprayer. It all started when we had a huge black tank valve problem. Too much TP got into the seal and it would not close fully. This creates other problems that I won't go into. For the last two years we been useing a hand sprayer. it cleans you butt really good and it is also comes in handy if you need to clean the bowl. The other plus is we use ultra soft Charmin to dry off and toss it into a small covered trash can. Much healthier and no more black tank issues. Happy Camper completely breaks it down to a liquid (I know TMI).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211023_134405.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	37371
    Best regards, Lou & Diane Cetrangelo, Saint James, NY
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat | Dually | Diesel | 4x4 | Super Cab | 8' Bed | B&W Goose Ball
    2020 Solitude 310GK | Reese 20k Goosebox |1,550 Watts of Solar | Victron 3k Mutiplus II | 3 SOK 206 AH Batteries | Disk Brakes | MorRide IS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okaaaaaaaay.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once you experience a bidet seat you will never go back. You will never feel clean again not using one. Amazon sells a basic Brondell for only $89.99
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0815BNKLV/

At main bathrooms both at home and at vacation cabin we have more expensive Toto Washlets that require electric. It has wireless remote control, motion sensor electric seat opener, led night light, led lights in bowl, ionized water bowl pre wash, heated wash water, oscillating water wash option, customized adjustable water pressure and water heater, bowl odor eliminator filter, and blow dryer to finish off.

We have the basic $89 Brondells in our other 3 bathrooms.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wireless, motion sensor, ionized pre wash, oscillating wash and blow dryer. Seriously?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Wireless, motion sensor, ionized pre wash, oscillating wash and blow dryer. Seriously?
    Dont forget the bikiniwax and the shine! LOL! Just kidding of course. Other than filling the blank tank faster and having to drain it more often, sounds like a bidet may be a good idea. Not sure how well it would work boondocking though....
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Yes, Seriously! “EXPERIENCE EVERYDAY EXCELLENCE - 50 million users agree”. https://www.amazon.com/TOTO-SW3056-0...dp/B078H89R6R/ I’ve had the original version for 7 years now.

And a YouTube review https://youtu.be/LYwL7oZ5uwo

It’s less than 1/2 the cost of installing disc brakes on your RV I was just released from hospital and recovering after undergoing cardiac surgery. The bidet seat made “going” a pleasure.
    Last edited by Jerryr; 10-24-2021 at 12:02 AM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a Toto at my house (one of the few things we kept when we went fulltime), but it would not fit the RV because of the anti-siphon hump in the back of the toilet.

I found a $28 solution on Amazon.... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...3E9IX58X&psc=1

I love this easy-to-hookup bidet (no electric or not hot water needed.) Turn the knob one way and it fills the toilet. Turn it the other for a cold water wash. As it turns out, your bottom is much less sensitive to cold than you might think. I would never go without a bidet. We bought one of these for when we stay in hotels. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...EHT4R9CQ&psc=1

In addition to using less paper (which we flush), we do not use chemicals in the black tank. I think because of the extra water that the bidet uses, it takes care of the odor. If we can smell the toilet, it's likely because we forgot to do our Sunday tank flush ritual.

-B
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can just see it now... Camping in late November, temps in the upper 30's - low 40's, my wife gets up at 3am to use the bathroom, she finishes up, turns the knob, and blood curdling screams erupt as that icy cold water hits her derriere. She jumps up forgetting to turn off the knob, spraying the sink and medicine cabinet as the expletives start to fly!
    No thanks, T. P. has worked fine for us for 62 years so I'll continue on that course.
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 10-24-2021 at 03:43 AM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast