User Tag List

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shower Controls Leak

Appears I have a small, minor leak from the cold water control in the shower. It's incredibly slow and appears to only drip in the shower. At least at the moment. I'm thinking I need to pop the four screws that hold the control housing to the shower and that should expose the back of the valves. Likely I just need to tighten the finger fittings or maybe add some plumbers tape. and then re-caulk with silicone once I have remounted the housing. Am I on the right track? Is it just that simple? Obviously if upon inspection I find a crack somewhere or a problem with the cold water line then I move on to the next level. I've not ever taken one of these off the shower wall. So I thought I would ask first. Thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Leak2.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	34298
    Last edited by finz04; 05-22-2021 at 02:45 PM.
    Mike C.

2023 GD Imagine AIM 15RB - 2022 Toyota Tundra Hybrid Platinum CrewMax 4x4 shortbed twin-turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 24-valve 3.4-liter V-6