User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by harryc View Post
    We have two doors and two different keys. I asked the dealer why the doors weren't keyed alike. They said that one was a master key so, if you get locked out, a tech could get you in without destroying the lock. So I was wondering if RVLocks can be keyed to a master or if it would be better to go with a new key altogether.
    One key should be for the handle, which the dealer will have a "master" key to open (and which are easily purchased online) and one should be for the deadbolt that is more unique - as unique as a lock with only 5 or 6 pins can be anyway.
    The other advantage to the electronic lock is we can put a code in for the dealer and then remove it when we get it back. It only takes a few seconds to change the code.
    Jake and Leah, our two boys, and our Lab
    Based out of North Carolina, currently in Henderson, TX
    2013 RAM 2500 6.7L 4x4
    2015 Reflection 323BHS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what I got, works great. When you program the pad do it really fast.

https://www.amazon.com/Key-fobs-Prot...jaz10cnVl&th=1

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked at ‘RVLock’ and ‘RVlocks and more’ and went with ‘and more’ because of the better price. Switched out everything to one key and love the Ultra-E keyless pull handle on my one door. https://www.rvlocksandmore.com/Ultra...lectronic-Lock
    No regrets after 6 months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamsden View Post
    This is what I got, works great. When you program the pad do it really fast.

https://www.amazon.com/Key-fobs-Prot...jaz10cnVl&th=1

Just wondering if you had to do anything to make them fit. Was thinking about this one for my 2020 2970RL.

Thanks

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azhunter23 View Post
    Just wondering if you had to do anything to make them fit. Was thinking about this one for my 2020 2970RL.

Thanks
    No modifications, went right in. I’ve had no problems with it. I have a 17MKE
    Last edited by Kamsden; 08-23-2021 at 01:36 PM. Reason: More information

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call me old timey but I will stick with the keyed locks. They have served me well for many years.
    2019 F250 Lariat
    2020 Solitude S 2930RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well everyone may call me stupid, my wife did when we went out our last trip and I asked wheres the keys? She said you didn’t grab them? I now keep them in my truck. Was able to get in the trailer just fine. The compartment locks are my next mod. I was able to use a key on my key ring to pick it. Saved our trip for us. If anyone can recommend a good replacement for the front compartment locks would be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamsden View Post
    No modifications, went right in. I’ve had no problems with it. I have a 17MKE
    Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12