User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angle iron fix!

I welded a piece of 2” x2” angle iron across both the rear most and forward most hangers. All the way from one side to the other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. Lippert stuff is crappy. I had a frame that they let get rusty and just painted over the rust. Great job Lippert.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does this sound like when the leaf spring breaks (or anything else for that matter)? We had a grinding noise coming from perhaps passenger wheels the other day when we pulled into a campground. We were in a hurry to park so didn’t explore. A few days later we hooked up and pulled camper and no noise.
    2019 F350 DRW, Crew Cab, Long bed,
    B&W Companion Hitch w/puck system
    2020 Solitude 310-GK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weak hangers

Had this happen back in February. I had a blow out and it cracked the hanger. Luckily I found it and HD a welder come and do a patch job before I could get it to a dealership. Took 40 days for them to deal with insurance and parts. Do you have a part number or drawing? These hangers do not like sharp turns. Way too much side load for such a small weld. I did point it out to the service people and doubt it went any further than my lips.
    Andrew
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 29RS
    2018 Ram 3500 6.7L
    18k Demco Autoslide Hitch.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suitcaseisfull View Post
    Do you have a part number or drawing? These hangers do not like sharp turns.
    I saw the v clips angle PN 103727 on another site - https://store.lci1.com/ang-3313-x-33...13-103727.html
    Last edited by gbkims; 05-29-2021 at 10:12 PM.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s really a fine piece of work. Elegant and purposeful.
    Matt
    2021 Momentum 376THS FW
    2020 Ram 3500 HO Cummins DRW LB
    B&W Companion 25K Splendide Washer and Dryer Separate DV6400X

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you made it safely to your destination. We had the same thing happen while in southern Keys. Fortunately we found a local welder who helped us out. When we got home hubby reinforced the suspension and rewelded everything. We still check with every stop. Apparently and unfortunately this is quite common. Safe travels!!
    John & Margo Cooper
    Retired & Loving Life
    2017 F250
    2014 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering which model MorRyde you used? I find there are different models for different size units even if it says CRE 3000. TIA

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBear View Post
    I was wondering which model MorRyde you used? I find there are different models for different size units even if it says CRE 3000. TIA
    There are two sizes of the CRE3000. You have to take some measurements. Morryde has info on their site with measurement instructions.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sedonami View Post
    I must admit, this one I did not see coming. I'm absolutely amazed that we didn't notice it happening and that we made it to our destination safely.Attachment 34306Attachment 34307Attachment 34304Attachment 34305
    I have ordered new 6k axles and spring kit with Morryde cre 3000, wet bolts , disk brakes etc . to replace 5200 LB axles on my 2019 303 RLS. I also ordered to Morryde x cross members. I have followed some of these threads concerning hanger failure. My question is for anyone familiar with or has used The cross member system. I assume that since they are mounted against the inside of the spring hangers, over the axles, they serve to reinforce the hanger and take some of the stress off these things. Has anyone installed these? Comments? I may look into additional welding or reinforcement for the hangers for peace of mind. I do know that these cross members can not be installed if there were V plate weld mods done to the hanger.
    Alan and Paula
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS, 2004 Dodge 3500 5.9L
    Magnum 2k watt inverter-charger, 300 AH Battle Born battery bank, 560 watt solar power. 6K axles and disc brakes. Pepwave max transit cellular router.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast