User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just boxed in my front and rear hangers like this and installed the X-Factor on the center.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spring Hanger.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	34726
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a big fan of the Sumos (I have the black model) however I'm becoming a part-time carpenter to repair the shock damage in the 5er. Not too bad, thus far only three shelves, one non-load bearing wall and now the back shades to repair. They do an impressive job of reducing stress on the springs. That energy does get transferred up to the 5er and stuff sometimes breaks. I'm okay with it thus far but there are occasional complexion repairs to make, nothing too complex.

I can best say it this way, if there are structural errors or problems in your rig, Sumo will force you to address them .
    Last edited by CaptPicardo; 06-05-2021 at 09:38 PM.
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptPicardo View Post
    I'm a big fan of the Sumos (I have the black model) however I'm becoming a part-time carpenter to repair the shock damage in the 5er. Not too bad, thus far only three shelves, one non-load bearing wall and now the back shades to repair. They do an impressive job of reducing stress on the springs. That energy does get transferred up to the 5er and stuff sometimes breaks. I'm okay with it thus far but there are occasional complexion repairs to make, nothing too complex.

I can best say it this way, if there are structural errors or problems in your rig, Sumo will force you to address them .
    That’s interesting I asked DW if she had noticed things shaking more when traveling, she said yes, had to pack the shelves and refrigerator a little tighter. I had a shade fall off the wall and noticed more shifting prior to the spring upgrade and sumo‘s. I guess the energy Has to go somewhere. Before the upgrades the trailer would bounce like bad shocks on a car. After the upgrade it acts just like a car should, one bounce two bounce done. I’ve had no problems with anything coming off the walls are coming loose however. There definitely is a balance between floaty feel and control.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mike,

Just wanted to send you two pictures on the mods they have made to the hangers. I cannot weld in a full back plate but a partial one will likely be done. See attached pictures of current hangers for reference.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SPRING HANGER2 - 02.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	34921Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SPRING HANGER1 - 01.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	34922
    Pierre & Tara

2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2020 GMC Sierra SLE 1500
    1200/12000 Equalizer Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work quick question. On that shackle upgrade does it cover the whole shackle or just as it shows in the picture.
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And just when you think you have solved the spring hanger issue, up crops a cracked frame....

Name:	A6A732EE-1CB1-489E-9B18-CF1E784EBAC8.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	36062

Name:	618B38D8-9C85-4F8A-A798-EBBC4255B235.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	36063

I never reinforced the hangers but the welding shop told me this happens because of side-to-side flexing when backing up (which I do a lot on pavement). They said they've seen this a lot. They welded on a fabricated steel panel about 6' long to box the frame. I have a post somewhere on this forum with other info.

Just something else to check....
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know quite of few of you do this, but I always use my creeper and flashlight to inspect the suspension after every trip.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have been traveling Nov 2020 and you have been to all those states??? Wow!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Debi H View Post
    hey @CaptPicardo I think this is meant for you....
    @Debi H, if you delete "Reply With Quote" the post you intended to reference will appear above you question/answer/entry. Welcome aboard!!
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: All those states

Quote Originally Posted by Debi H View Post
    Hi Debi,
    Yes indeed, we're full-timers, stay 1-3 weeks per park (occasionally 1-2 days) and we've got the rest of the west to cover next. We're in Oregon now and head to N. Cali Saturday, then Nevada, Utah, Arizona, back to New Mexico and Texas until Feb. We're quickly running out of the states we wanted to cover but I'm thinking of having the RV shipped down to Panama and we'll do 85 days there then scoot across the border to Costa Rica for 85 days (just under the tourist visa deadline)...but I don't quite have the wife onboard with that crazy idea. If that falls through maybe we'll do Baha and then north midwest (e.g. Michigan). As you can tell, we have ADHD apparently.

...and I'm starting to hear that Garth Brooks song playing in my head..."the white line's getting longer and the saddle's getting cold, I'm much too young to feel this dang old"

Best,
    Jeff
    Last edited by CaptPicardo; 08-15-2021 at 05:58 PM.
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast