User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jensen CD/DVD JMW70A

Player will not play correctly. Starts out fine but then picture pixelates and sound scratches. Has done this from day 1. Radio works fine. Help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine does the same thing. Worked good for about 6 months. The same thing in a previous Salotude. The dealer replaced the unit and the same thing. I am contimplating my next move.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    slight chance it could be the HDMI cable.

Unfortunately, The Jenson system leaves a little bit to be desired in the quality category. Ours acts up all the time. Bluetooth works sporadically. You can take it back under warranty, however they're going to give you same unit. If it is not under warranty or you don't want to have more issues, consider upgrading to another unit from a reputable brand like Sony, Pioneer, JVC, etc.

If you're not savvy with the mobile audio stuff, just call Crutchfield. They have units that fit this DIN size.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or use a dedicated bluray player instead. Most, if not all, car audio stuff does not have an hdmi output anyway.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look up ASA Electronics on the web, get the tech support number and give them a call. Fixed two issues with my Jensen, one on the phone, one they replaced the unit under warranty. They were great to work with.

They are the distributors for Jensen products in the USA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jensen CD/DVD JMW70A

Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    Or use a dedicated bluray player instead. Most, if not all, car audio stuff does not have an hdmi output anyway.
    Not what I found true. If it has dvd it will have hdmi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    Not what I found true. If it has dvd it will have hdmi.

Examples of car audio, not rv specific, with hdmi out please?
    Besides...why limit yourself to the lower resolution of dvd when most tv's are bluray resolution now?
    Last edited by Grandesigner; 06-05-2021 at 08:12 AM.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jensen CD/DVD JMW70A

You keep stating car audio? Audio means audio to me. What do you mean? I’m not suggesting a dash unit with a small pop out screen and no zone controls and depth issues with the single Din units. Yes. Wrong application for many reasons.

If direct replacement units is the way go than Cruthfield has an entire mobile line for RV.

https://www.crutchfield.com/shopsear...t_systems.html

Last edited by MooManChu; 06-05-2021 at 11:05 AM.
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with the RV audio head units is while they do have lots of features, they lack quality and quantity of sound output. Low watts and high distortion is commom for RV audio, while in car audio you can get much better quality and quantity. That's just how both have evolved.
    So if you want a better 12v system for sound that means abandoning the RV audio systems (they will die soon enough, lol), going to car audio along with a dedicated bluray player since most don't watch large TVs without being plugged in anyway.
    If don't really care about either sound or video quality, then an RV AV unit is for you...

Cheers
    Dan and Rita

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jensen CD/DVD JMW70A

Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    You keep stating car audio? Audio means audio to me. What do you mean? I’m not suggesting a dash unit with a small pop out screen and no zone controls and depth issues with the single Din units. Yes. Wrong application for many reasons.

If direct replacement units is the way go than Cruthfield has an entire mobile line for RV.

https://www.crutchfield.com/shopsear...t_systems.html

The Jensen Furrrion and others are very poor hybrid implementations exclusively for boats and rv’s. They lack quality in design and not just from an assembly perspective but from the actual electronic design. Basically, they suck.

Car audio systems not only have better design and quality, but they are also more long term durable.

2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast