User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tonight I took your advice and turned the refrigerator breaker off in the camper and now my pedestal GFI is not tripping. Something about the refrigerator did not like the GFI. I can live without the refrigerator while parked in storage. Thanks for your help.
    Larry
    2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW SB Duramax
    2021 Solitude 3550BH
    Reese Goosebox Gen2 20K

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by larryi View Post
    Tonight I took your advice and turned the refrigerator breaker off in the camper and now my pedestal GFI is not tripping. Something about the refrigerator did not like the GFI. I can live without the refrigerator while parked in storage. Thanks for your help.
    Larry
    You might get a GFCI Tester and plug it into the Refrigerator circuit. I use mine as a AC power-on indicator but notice when running on inverter or generator the tester shows a ground fault. This is the second generator/RV combination that I've seen the indication and first with the inverter. Your pedestal maybe tripping on what ever ground voltage exist.
    https://www.harborfreight.com/search?q=gfci%20tester
    Bill & Marsha
    2020 Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 2500HD Silverado 4x4
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Larry,

This is a stretch but I had a similar problem when plugging a GFCI circuit into a GFCI outlet. The GFCI outlet on the inverter would trip if a GFCI circuit was plugged into it with a load. So... is there a GFCI plug on the refrigerator circuit? If yes it may cause a problem. Possibly the two GFCI’s do not like to play nice with each other.

Brian
    Brian & Shea+ Zeke & Roxy GSP’s
    2018 GD Reflection 303RLS 800w solar 400ah LiFePO4
    Sold 2018 Ford F-250 CCSB Lariat gas 2,980# payload
    2024 Ford F-350 4x4 CCSB Lariat diesel 4,000# payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best way to power up an RV is with a non GFCI outlet. The camper provides the ground fault protection and often times when two GFCIs are plugged inline together it causes problems. GFCI outlets monitor what current goes out on the hot, black wire, and what is returned on neutral, white wire, and when there is a difference the GFCI outlet will trip. Another thing that will cause a trip is if the neutral and ground are connected together someplace down stream. The quickest way to find a problem is turn off all breakers then reset the GFCI and turn on one breaker at a time until it trips. The run down the items on that breaker one by one until you find the offending device.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plus 1 on the 10 gauge cord. I had our camper plugged in to a 20 amp outlet with 14 gauge cord. It worked for a while but started acting up so I went with a 10 gauge 50' cord and it has been fine ever since. We can run the fridge and 1 AC if we need to.
    Evan & Mary
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 3000QB
    2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12