Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12 Volts behind TV

Hope this is the appropriate place for this but I hoping someone could help me in finding a place in my 22MLE to tap a 12 Volt feed for a connection behind the TV to power a USB Hub.
    I' m considering somewhere behind the control panel, any thoughts on that?

In this case TV = Television not Tow Vehicle
    MrBaker
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2011 Ford F250 Lariat 6.2 L

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found a bunch of wires behind my TV and had to open up a hole large enough to test them for 12V. You can narrow them down by inspecting your fuse box to find which colors are part of which circuit. In my case, the purple and white pair worked for a new light above the stove...a whopping 3W
    Last edited by Grandesigner; 05-23-2021 at 10:02 AM.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbaker View Post
    Hope this is the appropriate place for this but I hoping someone could help me in finding a place in my 22MLE to tap a 12 Volt feed for a connection behind the TV to power a USB Hub.
    I' m considering somewhere behind the control panel, any thoughts on that?

In this case TV = Television not Tow Vehicle
    When taping into 12v lines care must be taken not too overload them. How much power are you trying to pull. Will that amount and what is already on the circuit overload the fuse?

I suggest running a new line from the battery positive fuse bar with its own fuse to where you want the power. I installed a separate fuse block for my projects.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your control panel is right beside your TV. If pop that open, you should easily find a 12v circuit that's not to loaded to tap into and then fish a wire a couple of feet.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Your control panel is right beside your TV. If pop that open, you should easily find a 12v circuit that's not to loaded to tap into and then fish a wire a couple of feet.

Probably easier to run a new fused 12v line. My distribution box has 4 unused positions that could be used to run a dedicated fused output. The negative buss bar is the vertical bar with the white wires on it. Then install a new 15 amp fuse and run a wire to that output.

Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Probably easier to run a new fused 12v line. My distribution box has 4 unused positions that could be used to run a dedicated fused output. The negative buss bar is the vertical bar with the white wires on it. Then install a new 15 amp fuse and run a wire to that output.

This is exactly what I have done with ours.. We have a reflection 28 bh and our panel is nowhere near the tv but I was able to run a usb and 12volt socket combo to right beside the stairs to the bedroom. I just use a long usb charger cable to my phone.

We wanted this to be able to run our electric cooler near the entry door if we have to grab the trailer from storage and leave without having time to chill the fridge prior to leaving. The 12 volt cooler will keep most of our fridge stuff cool until we can load the fridge.

I picked one of those empty spaces circled and ran my psotive and negative then added an appropriate size fuse. Labelling the space beside the fuse for clarity

Mike

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post

Agreed [emoji106], and on the 22mle the WFCO is at the bottom of the pantry and behind the dinette bench with the TV cabinet above beside the pantry. All of this is easily accessible and open to run cables.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose some units are easier than others to run new cables...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue