User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Couple View Post
    Those Coopers look great Xrated. Stock size or did you go larger? 34K miles on my factory Michilin's and they still look good. Like the more aggressive tread on the Coopers.
    Thanks Cajun...I appreciate that. I went with the stock size...LT245/75R/17.....121/118S. That tire provides 3197 lbs of tire load capacity in single use, and 2910 lbs of capacity when being used in a Dually configuration.....at 80 psi cold pressure. I run the fronts at the door sticker suggested psi of 75, and the rears are run at the suggested number of 65 psi. Both of those numbers will provide more load capacity than the Axle ratings of the truck...both front and rear.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put Coopers on my 2000 F350 and love them! I have coopers on the 4Runner too. Great tire.

My 2021 F350 came from the factory with Michelin Defender LTX M/S and I have no complaints there after 4000 miles.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Thanks Cajun...I appreciate that. I went with the stock size...LT245/75R/17.....121/118S. That tire provides 3197 lbs of tire load capacity in single use, and 2910 lbs of capacity when being used in a Dually configuration.....at 80 psi cold pressure. I run the fronts at the door sticker suggested psi of 75, and the rears are run at the suggested number of 65 psi. Both of those numbers will provide more load capacity than the Axle ratings of the truck...both front and rear.
    I've had Cooper tires in the past and were pleased with them. The LTX AT2 Michelins seem to be holding up good on my truck so it may be awhile before buying anything. I'm also running the stock 245x75x17's and the Cooper's look much better then the bland Michelin's do. On the F150's I've had I liked the Toyo AT's the best over Nitto and BFG. When I was working I'd put 25 to 30K miles a year so it didn't take long to rack up the miles.
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 377MBS

2017 Ford F-350 Lariat DRW...FX4...4.10's...White Gold/Caribou with Black interior. Curt Q20 hitch. BakFlip MX4

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Couple View Post
    I've had Cooper tires in the past and were pleased with them. The LTX AT2 Michelins seem to be holding up good on my truck so it may be awhile before buying anything. I'm also running the stock 245x75x17's and the Cooper's look much better then the bland Michelin's do. On the F150's I've had I liked the Toyo AT's the best over Nitto and BFG. When I was working I'd put 25 to 30K miles a year so it didn't take long to rack up the miles.
    The tires that came off the truck were the factory BFGoodrich Rugged Trail and had 45K on them. I probably had another 5-7000 miles on them, but we are going on a National Parks Tour this fall and I'll likely do 5000+ miles from door to door....so I went ahead and replaced them. My truck doesn't get a lot of miles on it, it's not a daily driver....plus I'm retired and I have a Nissan 370Z for times when I don't need to take the truck. I had a set of Coopers on my last work car and they wear very well, so I'm hoping these will get me at least the same as the BFGs did....45-50K. The truck is a 2016 and only has 45K on it.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are very quiet....I really can't even hear them. As far as the corrosion around the valve stem....no leaking issues so far. I will say that there is a Class Action Suit against Ford right now that involves that very issue......dissimilar metal reactions AND causing a leak. I have not joined that as I am not having any leakage issues. If I'm not mistaken, it involves 2016 (my model year) and goes up through 2018. And it might be even earlier than the 2016.....but I'm not sure of that.
    Not sure of lawsuit range but my 2015 has the corrosion issue but not nearly as bad. No leakage so far.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are very quiet....I really can't even hear them. As far as the corrosion around the valve stem....no leaking issues so far. I will say that there is a Class Action Suit against Ford right now that involves that very issue......dissimilar metal reactions AND causing a leak. I have not joined that as I am not having any leakage issues. If I'm not mistaken, it involves 2016 (my model year) and goes up through 2018. And it might be even earlier than the 2016.....but I'm not sure of that.
    Reason I asked was I have had my F & R wheels replaced 2X now. This time around, they seem to have it figured out, I hope. Time will tell and if they do start again, they'll be out of warranty.
    2020 337RLS
    2018 F350 4WD CCLB Dually Diesel
    2010 FLHTCU and 2021 Explorer
    USAF 19th SPS Veteran

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @xrated - will be looking for your long-term review as I have been watching the Coopers for awhile. Mixed reviews by guys dragging enclosed car hauler and race trailers (ala my car problem - lol). I've been a big fan of Michelin and Bridgestone LTs a long time, but the pricing is just continuing up. Love the Nitto's traction, but on the front they're just to luggey of a tire and the feathering forces break-down and rotates every 7500 miles. Commercial highway (ribbed) tires just aren't for 2/3 of the campgrounds we camp.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    @xrated - will be looking for your long-term review as I have been watching the Coopers for awhile. Mixed reviews by guys dragging enclosed car hauler and race trailers (ala my car problem - lol). I've been a big fan of Michelin and Bridgestone LTs a long time, but the pricing is just continuing up. Love the Nitto's traction, but on the front they're just to luggey of a tire and the feathering forces break-down and rotates every 7500 miles. Commercial highway (ribbed) tires just aren't for 2/3 of the campgrounds we camp.
    Well, you'll just have to be patient for that report. I've owned the truck for almost 4 years (June 2017) and it has gone from 29,xxx miles to 45,500 miles...so less than 4000 miles a year. This fall we'll put 5000+ on it in just one month during our trip out west.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rather than edit my first post, I'll add this here... the OEM tires on my 2012 F350 were Coopers. They came off at 50K miles due to age - but still had lots of tread left and no visible cracking. They also didn't pick up rocks and gravel in campgrounds nearly as much as the Michelins do (not quite as open a tread, I guess). Now, I have to tell my wife to hang back a greater following distance in the car until we've been at highway speed for a few miles.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, you'll just have to be patient for that report. I've owned the truck for almost 4 years (June 2017) and it has gone from 29,xxx miles to 45,500 miles...so less than 4000 miles a year. This fall we'll put 5000+ on it in just one month during our trip out west.
    Thank you for the initial review and looking forward to your update(s) as the miles progress.

Chris

PS I know what you mean on miles. My truck is used primarily for towing and sight seeing on trips. Brand new April 2017 so just over 4 years old. I just turned over 33k miles. We will not talk about the $/mile, but the smiles/mile is definitely up there . Very happy with my truck.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast