User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bshgto View Post
    I`ll stick with the hundreds of engineers that work for the best selling tire company and the hundreds of engineers that work for car companys that spec tires for the thousands and thousands of cars they sell every year over someone that`s stuck in the past and can`t move forward and just has an opinion like what`s the best oil to use.
    And you are certainly free to do just what you said....stick with the Michelins. Just don't come on here and make snide comments about other's opinions that does not match your opinion or talk about others experience with tires and write it off as "a bunch of whiners". Unless you KNOW all the facts that caused them to make their statements about their experience with brand A, Brand B, etc, your opinion is just that, an opinion.....and it carries no more weight than anyone else's opinion. It's obvious that you are a Michelin fanboi....and that's perfectly OK if that is what you want/like/use/believe in......but there are other tires out there and other choices that may be better suited for other people's needs. It's certainly not a "one size fits all" kind of thing....so just don't try and make it one and then try to make other's opinions invalid or stupid.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    And you are certainly free to do just what you said....stick with the Michelins. Just don't come on here and make snide comments about other's opinions that does not match your opinion or talk about others experience with tires and write it off as "a bunch of whiners". Unless you KNOW all the facts that caused them to make their statements about their experience with brand A, Brand B, etc, your opinion is just that, an opinion.....and it carries no more weight than anyone else's opinion. It's obvious that you are a Michelin fanboi....and that's perfectly OK if that is what you want/like/use/believe in......but there are other tires out there and other choices that may be better suited for other people's needs. It's certainly not a "one size fits all" kind of thing....so just don't try and make it one and then try to make other's opinions invalid or stupid.
    Try to have a nice day......over and out

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Michelin Defenders. My BIL is a farmer/veterinarian in New Mexico in addition to being an RVers. He won't use anything except the Michelin Defender LTs - he says they're the only thing he can get decent miles out of. That's what I'm running on our truck, too.

Rob
    I bought my first Michelin tires for a 99 Park Avenue I drove everywhere for work. You may not believe this but the first set of 'directional' Michelin Hydro-Edge tires went 120,000 miles!!! The next set had 100,000 thousand miles when I gave the car to my brother. He went another 5K until the second transmission went out. He junked the car with 335K miles!

I've been buying Michelins for all of our vehicles ever since, including Defender LT's on our F250 dually conversion. Three trips Michigan to Florida and back + several Michigan vacations. They still ride like new! I won't buy anything else!

Side note... When we started pulling our Solitude with our stock '06 F250 SD SRW. These 5+ year old Michelin tires were inflated to the "max cold" 80 Psi. On a very hot (90+) day on the freeway at 62 Mph I felt a bump and saw something flash past my driver's mirror. I pulled to the shoulder just to check things. I couldn't believe what I saw... There was not one shred of rubber left on the fully inflated left rear tire!! It completely scalped itself but stayed inflated and rolled on the steel belts until I stopped. The tire had been at max loading when this happened and was checked at almost 100 Psi right after this happened. I was very thankful that I had Michelin's. Would another tire hold up to that situation? My tire guy had to deflate the bald tire to unmount it. This is also when we decided to upgrade to dually's...and an EEZ-Tire monitoring system for all 10 tires. No problems since!
    Last edited by fez111; 05-31-2021 at 11:33 AM.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would love to know how the Coopers are holding up. My Mich Lt lasted 29k on the front and around 45k on the rears. I am buying new tires this month before towing back to FL for the winter. Might go with Defenders but I love the look and price if the Coopers.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345