User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From your picture it seems that you might have used a maple block between the lino floor and chipboard on the left hand side. You repeated this on the right hand side as well? Did you use pl premium as glue?
    Pierre & Tara

2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2020 GMC Sierra SLE 1500
    1200/12000 Equalizer Hitch

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    I had my shower faucet plate off when I replaced my shower head, for the sole purpose of rotating the faucet 180 degrees so that the shower head hose exits from the bottom instead of the top. Why do they mount them like that? I also noticed that the hoses (yes, the cheap reinforced hoses) were cut to exact length to the faucet. There was barely enough length to remove them from the faucet and reattach them. Luckily, I have no leaks there. But another thing that concerned me is how much flex there is in the shower floor close to the drain. It can't be good for the drain pipe to be flexing like that every time you step near the drain. So I did the following mod. You can only see the support on the left side of the photo, but I did also glue one on the right side of the drain.

Attachment 34336
    They are mounted that way because the vacuum breaker doesn't work upside down.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrovsky View Post
    From your picture it seems that you might have used a maple block between the lino floor and chipboard on the left hand side. You repeated this on the right hand side as well? Did you use pl premium as glue?
    Yes, I did the same on the right side. I just used better quality wood glue instead of PL. I cut the wood so that I had a tight interference fit and I'm not concerned about it moving on the linoleum floor. If it does, it's easy enough to go back in and rectify the situation.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    They are mounted that way because the vacuum breaker doesn't work upside down.
    Thanks for the explanation, but I fail to see the need for a vacuum breaker. I have seen no difference in operation of the faucet since I rotated it.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    Husky Centerline WDH

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the explanation, but I fail to see the need for a vacuum breaker. I have seen no difference in operation of the faucet since I rotated it.
    Doesn't change the shower experience but your shower hose will not drain of the water within it. That becomes an issue for stagnation of the water within it and also freezing. If memory serves, both industry associations have the requirement in their guidance. I personally would rather have it cost me a couple bucks more so the hose connection is on the bottom and a vacuum breaker on the top, but the industry clear has not demanded it.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AZMike,
    I've thought the same thing on that shower drain on my 2600RB. Been thinking about doing something like you have done. Thanks for the pic.
    Barry and Cheryl
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    2014 Silverado Z71 LTZ 5.3 3.42 Air Bags
    2018 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barrywright View Post
    AZMike,
    I've thought the same thing on that shower drain on my 2600RB. Been thinking about doing something like you have done. Thanks for the pic.
    I made quite a difference, very little flexing now around the drain.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    Husky Centerline WDH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vent Line

I had my shower faucet plate off when I replaced my shower head, for the sole purpose of rotating the faucet 180 degrees so that the shower head hose exits from the bottom instead of the top. Why do they mount them like that? I also noticed that the hoses (yes, the cheap reinforced hoses) were cut to exact length to the faucet. There was barely enough length to remove them from the faucet and reattach them. Luckily, I have no leaks there. But another thing that concerned me is how much flex there is in the shower floor close to the drain. It can't be good for the drain pipe to be flexing like that every time you step near the drain. So I did the following mod. You can only see the support on the left side of the photo, but I did also glue one on the right side of the drain.

Attachment 34336
    I know this is a little off topic, but behind that cover, is that the vent for the shower gray tank? Our trailer is in storage and I suspected there might be access to the vent there, but didn’t know for sure. I’m planning to install a composting toilet and was hoping to tie into an existing vent stack, instead of drilling through the wall. In case we don’t like it, I’d prefer to not have to fill a hole. Plus, venting anything related to waste up high, through the roof, seems preferable to the back wall.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great idea. I was under there yesterday and look forward to doing the same modification

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Standing outside the bathroom, looking toward the bathroom, the panel on the right side of the door. I removed the panel for full access to the back of the shower and all plumbing connections inside the wall and under the shower pan. Took about 45 minutes. Remove the door and just start taking out screws until everything is out of the way then just pop off the paneling. Not a particularly difficult task.
    2023 Imagine 2600RB (our 15th RV)
    2013 Nissan Armada Platinum
    Owned everything from 16' TT to a 38' class A DP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast