User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Knocking pull shades

We had been drivin nuts by the constant knocking of the window shades on the window frames as you move about the cabin or entering/exiting the trailer.
    My solution was to place (1/2 per left/right) 3/4” round 1/8 thick felt sticky feet on the shade pull at the offending contact area.
    I applied them Approximately at the ends of the pull bar on some and slightly away from the ends on others.
    It’s important to know that those shades slide about 1-2” side to side. So I “centered” mine and applied the feet understanding that in transit they may move
    And if I hear the offending sound again, I may have to re-center the shade simply by reaching up and grabbing hold to move which ever way to ensure contact of pad to the most protruding part of the window frame. Shew! That’s a mouthful! Hope someone finds this simple but satisfying tip helpful!
    I’d ad a picture but I’m not great at doing so. Hope I described it well enough
    Cheers!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep it drove us, we'll mostly me nuts. We came up with the same solution as you. [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wife bought some rubber grommets from the local hardware store. Slipped them over the pull string knob that used to bang against the window glass and on both ends of the end rod on the shade. I believe they were 5/8 inch inside diameter to fit the rods and pull knob.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The felt solution is much more elegant than the "shove a paper towel" method I've been using! Thanks for the suggestion!
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2021 Ram 2500 Laramie - 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel

BattleBorn LiFePO4 - Renogy/Victron Solar - SumoSprings - SeeLevel II

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, pix would be nice...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good solutions.

We used black Velcro, the soft part cut to size, and stuck them on each end of the shade where they make contact.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	window_stripping.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	34513 ........... I first also used felt but ended up using windows stripping from Home Depot for a no noise at all solution.