User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good call on the charge controller, will look into replacing that. The lithium batteries will be a future purchase. I do have to look into getting some sort of stand / mount for the panels, with enough sunshine. Don't want to store those things every time we leave for more than a daytrip.

Am eyeing a Champion 4500w dual fuel generator. Can't find another 2200w honda genny anywhere, technically it could work with the parallel cable kit to connect a 2000i to a 2200i companion generator (i looked up the specs, verified the build# of the 2000i, etc.).

One thing we're doing is to switch off all power, using that red battery disconnect key. Perhaps not on day trips, but if we're not there during the week. Downside is to have to set the time on the radio, but i'll take that over a dead battery :-)
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2610ML, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland EcoDiesel
    e2 trunnion hitch and Curt 7-pin brake controller
    Victron SmartSolar 100|50 -- 2x UB121000 100ah -- 4x100W panels
    Always boondocking. No post, no facilities.

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are looking for a double battery box, check out this:

Camco Heavy Duty Double Battery Box with Straps and Hardware - Group GC2 | Safely Stores RV, Automotive, and Marine Batteries |Durable Anti-Corrosion Material | Measures 21.5" x 7.4" x 11.2" - (55374) which is available on Amazon. I used one of these until I found a steel box from Harbor Freight which takes 3 lithium batteries plus additional storage.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealRoland View Post
    Yeah, thought it was something simple like that. I'm thinking of hauling up water, then using the gravity fill, instead of dragging it down the hill, dump/fill and drag it back up. I saw a smallish water container, 65 gallons, at Blain's Farm and Fleet, that i can just put in the back of the Grand Cherokee, fill it up and haul it back up, and using a 12v transfer pump to fill the freshwater tank. We're not planning on drinking that water anyways, so should be fine. And then for the black water, am thinking of getting one of those rolling containers.
    65 gallons is not small considering that the FW capacity of the trailer is something like 52 gallons and 6 of that is HW.
    Harry C
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2610ML
    2015 F350
    Formerly: Jayco Pinnacle 36REQS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on your 2610. We picked up ours in May from a show. It was that last trailer we looked at and I'm glad I had the stamina to make it there. Could have ended up with a Transend with a Murphy bed. Also, an inverter generator should be able to handle the AC but will trip if you turn on the hair dryer too.
    Harry C
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2610ML
    2015 F350
    Formerly: Jayco Pinnacle 36REQS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice trailer, right? we've been doing so many small things to the trailer already - added couple of bumpstops, put some felt on the window shades so they don't knock against the window frames when it's windy, shelf liners, and on and on the list goes :-)

Finally settled on a simple $20 aquarium pump, that you just submerge, switch on, and it starts pumping water. More than enough waterpressure to get from the tank into the gravity fill port.

Tried a bunch of things with the Honda 2000w generator, but it just beeps at me when i try to run the AC. Upgraded today to a Champion 4500w dual fuel (gas + propane!) generator. That should close that problem :-)

The only thing found 'wrong' with the trailer so far is a mis-aligned / incorrectly positioned roof vent - the lining doesn't line up properly, so you can see a small gap and some insulation through that gap. I guess it's as simple as messing around with the white surround a little bit on the inside, and realign that.

Oh, and that dual battery box mentioned in a entry earlier - only fits two group 24 batteries, not two group 27 ones. So i need to do a little bit of arts and crafts to splice together two group 24 boxes to become one (duct taped) group 27 box.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, also funny... Started the generator, wanted to pull in the slide a bit to put tire covers on. Somehow it started eating up the batteries... Turned out i didnt plug in the shore power cable to the generator, so i ran the retract-slide on my two group 27 batteries instead. It worked, though...

Will Not Be Dictated To
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear that you are enjoying the RV life.

Recommend that if feasible you purchase a Soft Start for you AC unit. We have 2 for our 2 AC's and can run our 50 Amp RV off of two Yamaha i2000's in parallel, AC's run fine, but judicious juggling of coffee maker and outside fridge is required.

Recommend that you try a regular NSF water hose. We too have a 120 volt transfer pump and regularly use our 55 gallon NSF barrel to supplement water for boondocking. Once primed the pump works until it empties the barrel.
    Last edited by The_Lovells; 06-09-2021 at 03:48 PM.
    I left the Forum due to dictatorial administration

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just noticed, @The_Lovells, how do you like the Nissan Titan XD to tow with, compared to the Ram and Ford? And no, to the others, not starting a flame war :-)

On topic:
    Couple more minor things found 'wrong':
    - outside speaker no longer works / no longer lights up blue
    - one of the drawer tracks 'binds'
    - some minor finish things, where you can see they used some goo to cover up nail holes, and at a certain angle with the sun light, those things really show -- that won't be fixable

Some minor improvements in general needed:
    - the system console next to the main screen door should not light up at night... Or at least, when pressing a button
    - the lights' blue color in general, seems to be attracting bugs. So while the awning light and speakers look cool in blue, a real skeeter attractor

Other than that - everything seems to be in working order, and functions as designed! No lemon, this one.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @TheRealRoland
    - one of the drawer tracks 'binds'
    - some minor finish things, where you can see they used some goo to cover up nail holes, and at a certain angle with the sun light, those things really show -- that won't be fixable

Drawer slide probably needs to be aligned. Easy DIY. If it needs more, replace it with better. Sooner or later you will anyway.

As for the filler smears, totally fixable. You need only a warm bucket if water with som Murphy's Oil soap and a terrycloth towel. You'll be able to wipe the excess readily away. First thing we do with every new camper we've ever bought.

As for blue lights, there is no intention to reduce insect attraction. Science has shown there zero visible spectrum that doesn't attract some critter. The blue is for reduced glare and somewhat less light pollution.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,

Yeah, those things all sound like easy fixes; and kinda agree about the binding drawer tracks - i don't think i want to drag the trailer back to dealer for just that fix. In general, would i start with talking to the dealer about perhaps a new speaker, then install it myself, etc. ?

I think re. the color, red would have been my preference, coming from a star gazing background. But, nothing a bug zapper, some low mowing of grass around the trailer, and if necessary foggers, can fix ;-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12