User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Norcold 1210T fridge not working

We have a new 2021 reflection 260RD and the fridge keeps acting up. It worked for our first trip in March and when we got back home we left it on. Went in to get something out of the fridge and it was hot. It wouldn’t work for me until the Wednesday before Easter. It worked for our camping trip and continued to work for about 3 weeks. I cut it off to bring to the dealership for some other stuff and when I got home I plugged it in and the fridge wouldn’t work. It has power so that’s not the issue. I brought it back to the dealership and they checked it out and said it worked fine on AC & LP. They said they tried it several times and it worked great. I get home, plugged it in and turned the fridge on and it doesn’t cool at all. I have a mobile service guy coming to check it out but don’t know if it will be working for him or not! My storage area is level so that shouldn’t be the issue. Any thoughts?
    Thanks

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the only place it doesn't work is at your storage area?
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s worked here at the house some of the time. Right now it’s not working. I just had a mobile service guy come out to check it and he found that it has a floating blockage. He’s turning that in to my dealer and to norcold. We’re leaving for the smokies Sunday morning so looks like we will be using ice chest for a fridge unless they can find a new cooling unit local!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the dealer just called and said they have a new cooling unit in stock so the mobile service guy will pick it up and install it tomorrow!😄🎉🎊

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're in 100 degree weather in Colorado (WTH?) and although it's my home state and where we started, after all the miles it won't keep temperature in 100 degree weather. My wife says fix, I say kick it out of the RV. Anyone else dealt with this?

Update: our little micro-fan on the lower side has stopped working. Replacing that when the part comes in tomorrow. I think the thermistor may be flawed as well so ordered a new one from Amazon. We'll see how it goes.
    Last edited by CaptPicardo; 06-14-2021 at 11:20 PM.
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the thermistor easy to replace? Norcold 2018 wont keep cool.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjack View Post
    Is the thermistor easy to replace? Norcold 2018 wont keep cool.
    Thermistor is a piece of cake, just slide it off the fin in the back and unclip it and snap the new one in place. I hope that fixes it but what my issue ultimately ended up being was the thermostat on the fin in the upper compartment on the outside of the fridge. It's a yoga exercise to get it unscrewed but was able to finally get that off and install a new one that I got of Amazon for around $15. I left the new thermistor in the fridge because it Ohm'ed out with double the resistance of the old one (a good thing). I also installed a bigger push fan in the lower back part of the fridge that pushes a lot more air than the little CPU fan that came stock. Hope that helps!

Best,
    Jeff
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for info! My fridge is completely enclosed....ie NO access from inside at all. This has totally intimidated me, lets not even mention the terror I experience when I removed back (outside) panels!! Although, I was able to reset it with the magnets a few months ago. WOoooHOooo!!