Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2400BH - Suitable for 4 Adults?

Hello all--

New to site....posted info in Welcome Mat. Looking forward to learning and contributing on this site!

Owned several RVs over past 15 years…..Class C, Class A, 5er, and TT. All have their pros / cons.

Just sold our 2009 Toyhauler. Just too heavy (13K GVWR for my 2003 Ford V10). Great truck and do not want to sell it for a diesel. We do not have toys, but liked the three queen beds and genny.

Will retire end of June and wife and I want to spend some time traveling around the Southwest with our 16yo son. (CA, NV, NM, UT, etc). There may be summers when our 22 yo son will join us….but being a recent college grad and his age, he may not go with us very often. Wife enjoys close to home camping at state parks, but does not want to travel for extended trips (3 weeks at a time max).

Fly fishing in the above areas is near top of my list of things to do. Spending time with our 16yo son, who is on the Autism spectrum, is our top priority. I want him to camp and enjoy the outdoors as much as possible. He enjoys RV travels. I may be traveling at times solo for my fishing excursions or for locations further away.

Looking for another TT. As I get older, I prefer things much simpler…..smaller, lighter, practical, etc.
    Deciding on brand, floorplan (bunks or no bunks) and length are my current quandaries.

Will purchase used or maybe new.

Large U dinette OR bunks, larger shower, fixed queen vs Murphy, are the options I am considering.

Would like to keep size to max 28-29’ overall length (smaller is preferable). At least 50 gal of freshwater and 40/40 gray and black.

Primary places we stay….State parks, RV parks, campgrounds with no hook ups, and some BLM, but not much. Will mount a genny above propane tanks.

Thoughts and recommendations for a selection or other things I should be considering?

Are the Double over Double Bunks in the 2400BH suitable for young adults, or are they primarily for children?.
    What are the weight limits for each bunk?

Thanks!
    Last edited by SoCalAngler; 05-24-2021 at 09:30 PM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally wouldn’t want to sleep in there but my kids are 10 and 16 and they don’t mind it ,yet.
    My 16 year old is 6 foot
    I believe the stated weight limit is 250 (Jayco wins in this regard imo)

What I have seen some do is remove the top bunk and makes the bottom one like a regular bed

On occasions the mother person comes they can sleep on the dinette or there is always room on the floor for a folding cot or air mattress. It is camping

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say they are primarily for children but you can squeeze an adult in there if necessary. Def wont be comfortable but its doable. Agree with NB Canada, air mattress or sofa in our case is a better option for an adult. You'll be happy with the shower/bathroom size and the queen mattress will have to be replaced. Its not comfy at all!!!!
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Gasser
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about some of the smaller toyhaulers? You could use the garage as a bedroom for 1 and 2 people?

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have double bunks in our Transcend 247BH and same situation with the 16 year old and college grad. She has only been out with us once but had no complaints with the bunks. I have added mattress pads to them since as we do have a longer trip planned for this summer. But both my kids are happy sleeping in hammocks overnight so the bunks probably seem fancy to them. Good luck deciding , we like simple too.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now considering a 2500RL....any more suitable for 4?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalAngler View Post
    Only you can answer that
    Go look at one. I personally would not want to be making a bed every night

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would have to see how big the tri-fold sofa is but I would agree its better than the 2400BH for your situation
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Gasser
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalAngler View Post
    Have you looked at the 21G, 23G....

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Have you looked at the 21G, 23G....

Yes, I like it, but TH, IMHO, is not as comfortable as a TT. More of an industrial feel. We just sold a TH.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast