Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HappiJac bunk for storage, anyone?

2021 Momentum 350G with the HappiJac system, and thinking about storage options. It’s just my wife and I, so the bed will probably never be used. Got to thinking that if I took the mattress out, I have a large storage area where I could put a few bins, etc. as long as I don’t raise the bed all the way up. HappiJac manual says to fully raise the unit when traveling, so there’s that little problem, but - has anyone done this? Was there anything special you did to make this work? Searched,but didn’t find anything, can’t believe nobody has attempted this... maybe there’s a reason for that I’m not educated on? Anyhow, would like to hear if this is common practice or why not. Thanks!
    2021 Momentum 350G
    2020 F250 6.7 Powerstroke HCTP
    2020 Harley Road Glide
    2020 Harley Road King

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably because the top bed is just a "floater" that rides on the moving sofa portion.

It only locks into place when it is all the way up.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Probably because the top bed is just a "floater" that rides on the moving sofa portion.

It only locks into place when it is all the way up.
    I haven’t played with it much, but it seems like the upper bunk can be raised or lowered independent of the lower dinette seat, doesn’t it lock into position for sleeping? Just thinking if it could take the weight of an adult a few feet from the ceiling, be suitable for storing the dinette tabletop and the ladder it could take a few low-height storage bins easily. What’s the risk? If I used it this way the dinette seats would also be raised to the bottom of the bed, just maybe a foot lower than the upper limit.
    2021 Momentum 350G
    2020 F250 6.7 Powerstroke HCTP
    2020 Harley Road Glide
    2020 Harley Road King

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Supremo View Post
    I haven’t played with it much, but it seems like the upper bunk can be raised or lowered independent of the lower dinette seat, doesn’t it lock into position for sleeping? Just thinking if it could take the weight of an adult a few feet from the ceiling, be suitable for storing the dinette tabletop and the ladder it could take a few low-height storage bins easily. What’s the risk? If I used it this way the dinette seats would also be raised to the bottom of the bed, just maybe a foot lower than the upper limit.
    Nope, it "rides" the bottom sofas until it hits the stops that you can see in the tracks.

It is completely free floating.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS