User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tow a 2600RB with a 2015 F150 3.5l ecoboost and use the Equalizer. I have had no problems towing the 2600RB, and we travelled through some strong west Texas winds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have a 23BHE that I tow with a 2019 Toyota Tundra. My hitch is a Fastway E2 hitch that seems to be very similar to the Equalizer 4, and I've had no issues whatsoever with sway. IMHO, considering the size of TT we're pulling, I doubt you'd notice much improvement with the ProPride 3P.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2600RB, towed it last year with a 2020 F150 3.5 Max, same 1600 payload as yours. Used an Equalizer and had terrible sway across AZ and New Mexico. I had to get a new F150, so now have a 2021 3.5 EB, max tow, 600 payload. Put a Propride on in March of this year, 3 trips and 2500 miles later I can say it was worth the investment. No Sway and hitching up is a breeze, much easier. I have the V2 jacks on the way, I dont know if they will make any difference but most people have liked them. Propride customer service is great and I think they have a try it and if you dont like it send it back at their cost.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob, I’ve got a 3P and love it. Thankfully haven’t had much experience with customer service, however ProPride has a FaceBook group and there is a lot of activity and helpful members. The jack problem you describe sounds like the u-bolts either didn’t have the shims installed or the bolts weren’t torqued correctly. Only a guess, not judging! I don’t understand what would have bent on the hitch. But sounds like its no longer a problem since you’ve moved to a 5th wheel. Happy camping!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve got a P3 and love it. I too, almost choked on the cost. But considering my overall investment in TV & TT, the hitch cost doesn’t seem such a high price to pay when dealing with crosswinds and semi’s. My TV is a 2016 Expedition and my TT is a 2600RB. The P3 was worth it just for how much more relaxed I am driving with it than without it. I can’t compare it to anything else because I installed it as soon as I got the TT. Whatever your decision, enjoy and safe travels!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need the ProPride Lot Bar and Locking Plate. https://store.propridehitch.com/prop...locking-plate/

I install this on my ProPride 3P hitch when storing or when I drop off at dealer for maintenance. Very easy to install/uninstall....just 2 bolts. Goes on in 5-10 minutes...same to remove.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just checked the price of the PP. Wow.

Oldcow
    2023 F450
    2021 397THR
    2018 DR650
    2004 Kawasaki ZRX 1224R

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had terrible sway problems with my 2600 RB towing it with a F350. I installed a Fastway E2 weight distributing anti sway hitch. Works great and the sway is gone. Fairly priced also.
    2019 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB
    2020 Ford F350 FX4 Lariat
    7.3 10 Speed Auto 4.30 gears

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After white knuckle experiences even with best Reese in 2000, we got a Hensley. Just bought our 2nd, they have remanufactured units for just over $2k. We let our 1st one go w/a prev TT, thinking we were done with pulls. Pulled a 25’ Nash w/2019 Ranger - wind blew drivers outside mirror into the window 2x, but no sway from trailer.
    Mark and Judy
    2021 F350 Lariat Crew 4x4 SRW 7.3 Godzilla
    2021 Imagine 2500RL w/Hensley Arrow hitch
    Fleet Manager, Cowlitz County WA Search & Rescue

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mbergthold View Post
    After white knuckle experiences even with best Reese in 2000, we got a Hensley. Just bought our 2nd, they have remanufactured units for just over $2k. We let our 1st one go w/a prev TT, thinking we were done with pulls. Pulled a 25’ Nash w/2019 Ranger - wind blew drivers outside mirror into the window 2x, but no sway from trailer.

We also tow with a remanufactured Hensley Arrow also just over $2K and have not had any issues. The Hensley Arrow and the ProPride 3P are very similar and were both designed by Jim Hensley. We also use the Hensley Hitch helper ($35) which makes hitching up a lot easier. With it you can move the nose of the trailer 6 inches in either direction, so you don't have to perfect when backing into the hitch. In my opinion both hitches are worth the expense.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast