User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember as a 9 year old kid, when I first got my hotwheels sizzler set. Charged up the car and let it rip, boy did it go real fast without gravity assist...until it stopped. Time to charge it again, whoopee. Then that got old when the charger batteries died...bummer. Well, back to the gravity track it was as I didn't have a job yet to buy more D cells, lol.

Last time I went fishing and camping I did not see any chargers in the boondocks I like to go. I guess if you always plug in for camping you can shuffle between your trailer and your truck, I don't know...

I'll stick with gravity...er, fossil fuel, myself. YMMV
    Last edited by Grandesigner; 06-03-2021 at 07:58 AM.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marlowefamily View Post
    Take it for a grain of salt, but Ford seems to be advertising 300 miles range as worst case non towing (cold weather, bad route,,etc). They did same thing with the cmax which had 25-30 mile range but was marketed as only 20 miles.

Someone reviewing Ford test unit says 450 miles unloaded in perfect conditions might be possible. 300 miles was calculated based on 1,000lb cargo.

https://electriccarnews.com/2021/05/...0lbs-of-cargo/
    https://youtu.be/J2npVg9ONFo

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
    You beat me to this. I watched that video the other day and couldn't believe he was the only one that picked up on that. Good for Ford for doing the range number with real world implications. And I am impressed that it has the onboard scale in the bed and automatically adjust your range calculation based on load and what roads you are going to be on. It will be cool to see how this does when the guys at TFL get to test it.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    I must disagree on your suggestion to wait and that a 250 mile Electric truck (while towing) is not available right now or in the near future.

Both the Rivian and the Tesla CyberTruck will be available with 500 mile range. Rivian has publicaly stated that when towing, their towing limit of 12,000 lbs (I think their towing limit is 12k), that you loose about 50% of your range. Ergo, both the Tesla and the Rivian would meet your 250 mile range requirement for towing. Both trucks will be available before the end of the year (Rivian in July).

When it comes to charging stations, Tesla has charging all across the nation every 150 miles (on average). Other charging stations such as Electrify America are actively building their nationwide network (today I read that 7 Eleven is installing DC Fast charging stations in several locations across the country).

Traveling across country if you are not towing is very, very, doable in a Tesla and would be very doable in a Rivian or a Ford Lightening, especially, if you have 500 miles range.

As far as charging times go many of the newer models can be charged from 10% to 80% in 25 to 45 minutes, while the 45 minutes is a bit long 30 minutes is not too long for a couple, or family, to get out and stretch their legs and get refreshed. I just sw a survey that said most people do not drive more than 8 hours in a day which equates to ~ 500 miles which equals one, maybe two, charging stops in a day.

Bottom line, while EV travel may not be perfect now, it is very, very, doable. If you wait till it is perfect, it may never get there.
    But what are you going to do with the trailer?
    You are not suggesting that these charging stations will have room to stay hooked up are you

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    But what are you going to do with the trailer?
    You are not suggesting that these charging stations will have room to stay hooked up are you

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    The manufacturers are already in talks with Love's and Pilot stations to have pull through charging stations. Ford showed one in their promotional video with the F150 pulling an Airstream through it. Several Love's already have regular gas pumps that are pull through just for RVs. I'm sure there will be similar setups as the charging rates get increased enough. I agree the tech isn't there yet but it isn't far off. The good side to charging an electric truck/RV combo vs a car is that while your truck is charging you can hang out in your home.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaJeff View Post
    The manufacturers are already in talks with Love's and Pilot stations to have pull through charging stations. Ford showed one in their promotional video with the F150 pulling an Airstream through it. Several Love's already have regular gas pumps that are pull through just for RVs. I'm sure there will be similar setups as the charging rates get increased enough. I agree the tech isn't there yet but it isn't far off. The good side to charging an electric truck/RV combo vs a car is that while your truck is charging you can hang out in your home.
    I struggle to see this ever coming to being built

Real estate is expensive and to have room for multiple rvs sit for a long time vs just fueling up and leaving will be a challenge

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I struggle to see this ever coming to being built

Real estate is expensive and to have room for multiple rvs sit for a long time vs just fueling up and leaving will be a challenge

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    That's my point about the tech not being there yet though. Two years ago is was four hours to get 80% charge. Now they have it at 45 minutes in a lot of cases. Once they get it to about 20 minutes or so for a few hundred miles of range things wouldn't be any different then now. I see people at Love's/Pilot all the time that may as well be having a picnic at the regular pumps.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaJeff View Post

I see people at Love's/Pilot all the time that may as well be having a picnic at the regular pumps.
    Boy ain't that the truth !!!

It is not that much different in the truck lanes either. You would think "Professional Drivers" would have more courtesy for other "Professional Drivers"... NOT !!!
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345