I bought a new 2020 F150 XL. 5.0 V8 Supercab. Live in north Mississippi. My first real trip was to Destin Fl and back, no problems. Next was Key West and Naples Fl. A very smooth trip.

We are currently on our our west trip. Santa Fe, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce and now in Moab Utah. I could not be happier with how the F150 has performed and we have been to multiple 9000 + altitudes. I set the cruise on 65 and very seldom does it drop below 60 in those mountains. I can give it a little gas before it starts slowing down and tops the hills at 70. On I70 I have passed 18 wheelers, Class A’s, and every type of RV with emergency lights on and struggling. The V8 in the F150 is a beast. Not only that, but we have been in 106 degree weather going to Roswell and it’s over 100 degree in Moab and this truck hasn’t come close to running hot.

Knock on wood because we aren’t back yet. The gas mileage could be better, 9.0 - 10.5, but I love this truck so far. It came with back up trailer assist, pro hitch assist and a haul mode that uses engine brake and hill assist. In this mode the engine dies not cut off when stopped. Engine brake is the best thing since sliced bread hardly having to use my brake peddle coming down 6 and 8 degree slopes.

It did not come with electric brake controller for the trailer, but is was pre wired and the factory controller just plugged into the factory slot.

We are using an E2 weight equalizing and sway control hitch and have had no problems with 18 wheelers or wind. The only scare was when a dust devil moved onto the highway and we had to go straight through it at 65mph on our way from the Horseshoe Bend to Zion. Shook the heck out of the truck and trailer.

I can tow 9100 and have 2066 carry capacity. The max weight on the 2500RL is 7500 so unless it’s real windy or a steep hill I hardly notice the trailer is back there. One more note: I highly recommend mirror extensions and a rear trailer camera. Very helpful when knowing when to change back into your lane when passing.

Good luck.