Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2015 323BHS living room remodel

A couple of years ago we decided to remodel the living room in our 2015 Reflection 323BHS. This was our first "huge" remodel in this camper.
    I'd already replaced the cabinets on the one wall with drawers after we opened a slide while not paying attention and ripped the factory storage doors off . They had opened during transit while the slide was in....

I pulled out the dinette booth and the two recliners (which were cracking and needed to be replaced anyway) and removed all the window dressings and blinds. I then roughed up the walls, washed them, and then taped off all the things I didn't want to paint.
    Next came the carpet cleaner to do a deep clean of the carpet and get out any stains, dust, and pet hair. Then the dehumidifier overnight to make sure everything was dry and so I wouldn't get wet socks when I painted

I painted with Sherwin Williams Pro Industrial Epoxy paint, in the color of Reflection (ha!). Extremely durable. I did end up putting two coats on to cover up any thin spots from the first coat.
    I then left the dehumidifier in on low for a few days to get everything good and dry - it probably wasn't needed, but we keep one in there when it's parked in our yard anyway.

Couches are from Home Reserve - they're a little pricey, but came with a good warranty, good materials, and sold modular pieces so we could fit the slideout. Their support was very helpfuland easy to work with - a couple of measurements were off on the website and they helped me return them so we could get a combination which fit. Under each seat is storage as well, so we store things like extra paper plates and paper towels under the seats. We have about a 4" space on one side, and we store a broom and dustpan there.
    The footstools are just something we picked up at Target, and also have storage inside. Typically we have Legos and tissues in there.
    For eating, we use TV trays and sit at the counter (I'll post later of the extension we added to the counter).

Blinds are from RVBlinds.com - again, more money than I was expecting, but we wanted shades which were also blackout at night. They look really nice IMO, and shipped very fast. I think I had them in a few days. I recently ordered another one from them since I just did the master bedroom.

Anyway - hope you enjoy seeing what we did, and if you have any questions then please let me know. We did this in March of 2020, and everything has held up extremely well. With two boys (8 and 13), plus a black Lab, we stress test all materials used

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01496.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	34375 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01500.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	34376 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01503.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	34377
    Jake and Leah, our two boys, and our Lab
    Based out of North Carolina, currently in Henderson, TX
    2013 RAM 2500 6.7L 4x4
    2015 Reflection 323BHS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nicely done! I've seen several renovation projects lately, probably have of them used the Home Reserve furniture.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)