User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Locking battery box that fits the OE rails?

Has anyone found a locking battery box that fits the OE rails in the tongue frame? Best I can tell, there is just over 7.5 inches of room between the rails, and on my trailer about 32 inches between the frame members on the short rail. I'd bet this is a fairly common set of dimensions, yet I don't really see any options for it. It should be feasible to have a box that fits in the rails which holds two Group 27 batteries, yes? But every option I find is for boxes that are at least 8.5 inches front-back and so you have to either put them on top of the rails, remove the lip from the front rail, or get a wider box and put it on top of the frame.

Given that this would seem to be something a lot of people would potentially be interested in, I can't deny that I wonder what I am misunderstanding.

What have you done for a solution?
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't install a locking battery box as I wasn't sure what would fit, so this is the route I took. http://www.b-drvbatterylock.com/
    Jason & Jamie
    2016 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got me a 1/4" X 1" 6 foot piece of aluminum stock and I'm going to attempt some bending based on the B&D design. If I'm successful, I'll post some pics.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran