User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is covered during a PDI?

Read mixed comments on the PDI. We are new to RVing. Will the typical PDI also cover how the various options work? I’ve read everything from the PDI will take an hour all the way up to 4 or 5 hours. Thanks for any and all help. The unit is a2021 381M-R

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watch a few youtube videos on RV PDI's so you know what to expect and then write down a list of questions you have for the person doing the PDI on your RV. I've never had a question I had not answered. I've had things demonstrated that I wasn't familiar with and video recorded the things as they were explained that I thought I would need to re-visit.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try and watch review videos of the exact RV you're getting. That way you'll already be familiar with the RV and know what questions to ask. How detailed the PDI is really depends on the dealer. Some dealers do a good job walking you through the RV I imagine other dealers don't. Don't let the dealer rush you through the PDI. My last PDI me and the dealer went up on the roof. I had him get a tube of caulk and recaulk a few areas. I figured better his tube of caulk than mine.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a very good PDI checklist in the Reference Library here on the forum (Post #1 in this link):

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...rms-(Multiple)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ckreef View Post
    Try and watch review videos of the exact RV you're getting. That way you'll already be familiar with the RV and know what questions to ask. How detailed the PDI is really depends on the dealer. Some dealers do a good job walking you through the RV I imagine other dealers don't. Don't let the dealer rush you through the PDI. My last PDI me and the dealer went up on the roof. I had him get a tube of caulk and recaulk a few areas. I figured better his tube of caulk than mine.
    I would have liked to have a detailed PDI done, but, when you are picking up your trailer in 32 degree weather in January, with the wind howling and the trailer is outside, with others also being picked up, it is very difficult to check very much. Up north, its better to buy and pick up your trailer in the summer thereby you would have 2 summers to check for issues in your one year warranty period. That option is not always available. When I opened the fresh water tank valve for the first time last week the tank was full of water. Hope there was no damage done during the winter months.
    2021 F250 XLT CCSB 6.2, 4.30, Iconic Silver, 2021 GD REFLECTION 295RL. PULLRITE SUPERGL. 2914
    2017 F250 Lariat CCSB 6.2 3.73, Caribou , 2013 COACHMEN FREEDOM EXPRESS 281RLDS
    2008 F150 XLT CCSB 5.4 3.55 Blue, 2008 STARCRAFT TT