User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John303 View Post
    I have been thinking of doing this on my rig because I had my first small leak a few weeks ago. Smothering the front roof/cap seam with new caulk took care of it, but I am on borrowed time. I see that Eternabond also makes various primers/conditioners, and wondered if anyone use them? Or just a good cleaning with detergent to take care of any wax that may be on the cap?
    I finished watching the youtube video earlier. According to the video using the primer is more important than the cleaner.
    I think a good cleaner would work fine. He mentioned the primer gets tacky for better adhesion.
    Hope this helps:
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used it on an older trailer I had about 4 years ago. Ran into the guy I sold it to last fall and I inquired about the roof as I had also put a new coat of rubber on the whole thing. He invited me to climb up. Looked just like it did when I put it down. Great product, just don't let the sticky touch the sticky or you'll be stuck!
    Barry and Cheryl
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    2014 Silverado Z71 LTZ 5.3 3.42 Air Bags
    2018 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a leak last year. Inspected cleaned and resealed. After sealant cured followed the instructions with the Eternabond tape, scuffed tpo - cleaned as recommeneded, primed using rag with acetone, applied tape to all sealant and pressed, with roller where possible. Still have to inspect roof but no more worries about sealant failure. Followed same taping guidelines as previously mentioned back to front. Cost about $300 total

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uh oh! I did use 6” eternabond for our skylight, vent fan, front cap and rear seam. My plan is to cut the eternabond when needed (which may be sooner rather than later in a 2015!). I will do my plumbing vent once I replace the cap. So far really happy with it though!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have anything to add as I really like and appreciate all the comments and thoughts here. Just want to say thanks to everyone...looking to tape a couple spots on the roof of my Momentum this weekend.

-Brad

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KatNEvan View Post
    Uh oh! I did use 6” eternabond for our skylight, vent fan, front cap and rear seam. My plan is to cut the eternabond when needed (which may be sooner rather than later in a 2015!). I will do my plumbing vent once I replace the cap. So far really happy with it though!
    I put Eternabond tape around my skylight 3 years ago on my 2015 Reflection 323BHS. The skylight still looks fine - not sure how many more years before I have to replace it, and I'll be cutting around it as well. I figure the extra time spent when I finally do have to replace it will be worth the 3+ years of not having to worry about it. I don't know about you, but I always notice thin spots a few days before a trip when I'm cleaning the roof and have to order a new tube of sealant.
    Jake and Leah, our two boys, and our Lab
    Based out of North Carolina, currently in Henderson, TX
    2013 RAM 2500 6.7L 4x4
    2015 Reflection 323BHS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123