My wife and I made the jump into full time living in an RV. We sold our home, paid in full for a new solitude 390RK fifth wheel. We found a very nice RV park and have enjoyed the change in lifestyle. However we had our first potentialpus incident. I found water pooling on the floor in our forward storage compartment. We keep reusable purified water containers there and one of them was on its side so I assumed that it had leaked water instead of just being empty. While cleaning it up, I noticed that there was still water seeping from under one of the wall panels. I thought I should look and see how much water had flowed through to the other side of the wall and clean it up. I removed a panel and found the one way valve hooked to the hot water outlet dripping water. The scary part was that the inverter and a switch device were fastened to the floor back there close to the water heater leak. I was fortunate to find the leak before it damaged those two electrical units. My concern is that when I removed the one way valve that was leaking I found that it was a plastic piece of crap. The threads had a place that had broken through and that was the cause of the leak. I ordered a new one on amazon and interestingly enough the replacement valves I looked at were all brass. I am shocked that such a poor quality valve was used in an area where a water leak could cause major damage beyond just a wet floor and wall panels. Since the discovery I have temporarily replace the valve with just a 1/2 inch connector until my brass fitting arrives and I bought a water leak alarm box and placed it underneath the water heater in a catch pan I put under the previous drip site. I expect the new valve tomorrow and will put it in soon. It might be worthwhile for other RVrs to check this out and if they have the plastic valve, replace it.
Thanks