Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Stinky lav no stink sink

Coach is a Solitude ST 360RL

I live in my coach (summer only) for the last three years. I have flushed all water lines every year because I winterize it with RV coolant. I wash out the lines to get rid of the “pink stuff taste”.

Ok here is the problem. The water in the bath has a awful smell and a worst taste (not pink). It is somewhat like rotten eggs but not quite —just really bad😩.

The water in the kitchen is just fine — no bad smell/taste. I am NOT using the fresh water tank. I only use direct water from the outside faucet. The water at the hose entering the coach taste fine.

Remember this has been a long term problem.

Any ideas why this it happening.

Thanks

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitetailwatch View Post

I live in my coach (summer only) for the last three years. I have flushed all water lines every year because I winterize it with RV coolant. I wash out the lines to get rid of the “pink stuff taste”.

Ok here is the problem. The water in the bath has a awful smell and a worst taste (not pink). It is somewhat like rotten eggs but not quite —just really bad.

The water in the kitchen is just fine — no bad smell/taste. I am NOT using the fresh water tank. I only use direct water from the outside faucet. The water at the hose entering the coach taste fine.

Thanks
    Just a guess, but do you have a clothes washer in the front closet? If not, based on our 310GK (the front floor plan looks the same as your 360RL) I bet the problem is stagnant water in the washer supply lines. The water supply lines run to the bathroom then continue on to the door side outside spray port (cold only) then on to the washer. These are separate from the lines that run to the kitchen. It is a long run and if there is no washer, the water gets stagnant. To test/correct, try hooking up a hose to the washer supply lines in the closet and run some water from them. Do you get the stagnant smell? If so, keep running water to flush out the lines.

Let us know what you find.

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 05-26-2021 at 11:11 PM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Chris

I connected a short hose to hot and cold sides of the washer water inlets. I flushed them down the toilet so I could look at the water. It came out pink and stinky. I continued until the water tasted/smelled better. I then tested the bathroom sink and it was much better too. I then flushed the outside shower.

I am going to hook up two very short hoses to the washer connections and put the hoses down the drain pipe located next to the water. By doing this I can flush them when I de-winterize.

The water still had a little taste but I figure maybe it just needs to be flushed more to get rid of any residue.

Thanks again

Kathy

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You really should be sanitizing your freshwater system if drinking from it.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob I don’t really drink any of the water but the smell in the bath was overwhelming so I knew I had a problem.

I would like to hear how I should sanitize a water system when I have no water in the fresh water tank. I have never had water in the tank.

Thanks

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob I don’t really drink any of the water but the smell in the bath was overwhelming so I knew I had a problem.

I would like to hear how I should sanitize a water system when I have no water in the fresh water tank. I have never had water in the tank.

Thanks
    If you are opposed to using the convenience of the freshwater tank to sanitize, you don't have to. You can premix your sanitizing solution and take it up just like you do the winter antifreeze so you are filling just the water lines. However, the most thorough is using the freshwater tank and the onboard water pump because you will also catch the legs at the pump where water will stagnant just like the washing machine legs did.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    If you are opposed to using the convenience of the freshwater tank to sanitize, you don't have to. You can premix your sanitizing solution and take it up just like you do the winter antifreeze so you are filling just the water lines. However, the most thorough is using the freshwater tank and the onboard water pump because you will also catch the legs at the pump where water will stagnant just like the washing machine legs did.
    @Whitetailwatch, glad you found it and it is a fairly easy fix. I was surprised at how much water is trapped in the run to the washer. I do not have a washer in my 310GK, so I just capped the lines to the washer after the bathroom (hot) and the door side port (cold). I have had much less issue dewinterizing the unit.

2x what Rob @geotex1 said. If the water smelled that bad, I would sanitize it. Even if you do not drink from the onboard plumbing you probably still use it for showers, brushing teeth, etc. I hate getting sick and my wife hates it even more when I get sick.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok here is the problem. The water in the bath has a awful smell and a worst taste (not pink). It is somewhat like rotten eggs but not quite —just really bad��.

Thanks
    The You tube Channel "Changing Lanes" just did a session on this very subject with a Momentum.
    Hope this helps:
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited