Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pre-wired for satellite

HELLO ALL,

Just bought a 2021 2930rl solitude. Looking to add a Dish Network satellite in top of the rig . Just curious what it means when they say "pre-wired". Does this mean once you undo the cap from the roof there are coax cables already in the channel and run to my Tv's . Just trying to gauge the hours of labor that the dealer says it will take and cost vs self install. They are saying 3/4 hours to mount dish and set up if its pre-wired . Does this sound about right ? Let me know if anybody has an idea of time and cost

Thanks,

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all, welcome to the forum. If you use the search function (top right) you will find many informative threads on satellite antenna installation (you wouldn't actually install a satellite). There are many discussions about permanent mounting vs. using a portable automatic antenna so that a signal can be acquired if there are trees around the RV site. (We are full-timers and use a portable antenna for this very reason.) If you go this route, I would highly recommend the Winegard Pathway X2 antenna.

To the best of my understanding, there is no cabling in place from the factory - only the access plate and cable race to the basement. Installation of something like the Winegard Trav'ler would require mounting of the base plate and antenna, pulling the cabling (there's a power/control cable involved with the Trav'ler in addition to the coax) to the basement, and connection of the control module and coax to power and the RV coax system. It would probably take me a half day or more... and I'm pretty handy.

Finally, you can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015