User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, did not see all the replies to your original post regarding AC shutter...

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Furrion AC has the temp sensor inside the air intake plenum. If you run it on automatic it will short cycle. The bedroom units are not ducted so you have to run them with the dump/shutter open. Unfortunately that allows the cold air to be immediately drawn back into the inlet Jensen the short cycling. Furrion claims you cannot use the automatic setting. Only the hi or low. Terrible design. The main living area AC is ducted so it will work better. But the probe in the intake plenum causes even that unit to be unresponsive to the interior temp rising above the set temperature. And by the way, this poor design causes issues with heating. The furnace will run longer than it should unless the AC fan is running on hi or low.

I’m in the midst of a back and forth with both Furrion’s and Grand Designs tech and customer service people. Problems not yet solved.
    2023 F150 Lariat SuperCrew 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
    2022 Grand Design Imagine 3100RD
    Blue Ox SwayPro WDH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: my information is wrong. Both the AC units feed one common duct system.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to add few things I didn't see when reading this thread....

> Be sure the vents that vent out the cold air from the ceiling ducts are not pointed at the thermostat. Proper pointing will help distribute the cold air and keep it from directly hitting the thermostat.

> Consider running just the living area AC at nite when sleeping. Because of the duct system that GD uses, cold air will reach the bedroom and very likely keep you cool enough at night.

Best wishes with the new rig. All this is just part of learning the new RV and what works best for you.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When running the thermostat on "auto" this refers to the fan only, not the compressor. Right? It's always been my understanding that by running the fan on "manual" (continuous) that it will help prevent freezing of the coils.

I've always ran my thermostat fan control on manual, and even though a little noisy, it seems to be more effective, and not hearing the A/C cycle is less annoying to me.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    When running the thermostat on "auto" this refers to the fan only, not the compressor. Right?
    yes - fan only.

It's always been my understanding that by running the fan on "manual" (continuous) that it will help prevent freezing of the coils.

I've always ran my thermostat fan control on manual, and even though a little noisy, it seems to be more effective, and not hearing the A/C cycle is less annoying to me.
    I often run the fan on manual too so the sound level inside is more constant. And we run the fan on manual at night too when sleeping so avoid having to hear the AC system starting and stopping.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Furrion is doing the same. Compressor cycles off and on, constantly, even when set temp not met. Compressor never on for more than 1-2 minutes. We have tried fan set on low, high and auto with no change. We contacted GD and they sent us temp sensor relocation kit. Directions unclear as to where you are suppose to relocate to. Has anyone install one of these kits? Did it fix the problem?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, installing the kits solves the short cycle problem and provides more accurate temperature control. There is no established place to relocate the temperature sensor other than to place it as close to the thermostat as possible. I have a 2022 3100RD. The main AC sensor is opposite the entry door on the side of the cabinet over the sink. The bedroom sensor is on the wall just above the thermostat. Exposed wires are inside white plastic conduit I bought at Lowe’s.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours seems to be working very well now. I pulled the temperature sensor down through the filter/grate, and we close off the dumps and run both with the fan setting on low at night. I have noticed that without airflow over the temperature sensor, the unit doesn’t sense the room temperature correctly. The sensor relo kit sounds interesting, unless there’s exposed wiring. Any pics of this?
    2021 Momentum 350G
    2020 F250 6.7 Powerstroke HCTP
    2020 Harley Road Glide
    2020 Harley Road King

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ll post pictures later this week. Keep in mind my pics will not necessarily work for all models of GD units.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast