User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillinSC View Post
    It could be. If your thermostat has a small bump on the bottom, that is the secondary temp probe and is more than likely the new one. Other than checking the actually part numbers I don't know how else you'd be able to tell. I think someone had the new part numbers listed above in this thread.
    Here are the part numbers for the "enhanced" controller and thermostat...
    710402 - Zone Controller
    710403 - Thermostat
    Bill and Nancy from SC
    2021 Imagine 2500RL
    2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll have to look at my thermostat and see if I can tell if it's the new version. We just bought a 2023 22MLE and just got back from our first trip.
    We had the AC on some and it seemed to becycling, running no more than a minute or two, shutting down, and never really reaching the desired temp set. It wasn't that hot, 84-85 but never seemed to cool and was actually cooler outside at times. I set the fan on 'auto', just going by what I had done with our previous rig with a Dometic AC. So, I might have to contact GD???
    2023 xls Imagine 22MLE

2009 Ford F-250 6.8 v10 SuperDuty Lariat Crew Cab

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jas451 View Post
    I'll have to look at my thermostat and see if I can tell if it's the new version. We just bought a 2023 22MLE and just got back from our first trip.
    We had the AC on some and it seemed to becycling, running no more than a minute or two, shutting down, and never really reaching the desired temp set. It wasn't that hot, 84-85 but never seemed to cool and was actually cooler outside at times. I set the fan on 'auto', just going by what I had done with our previous rig with a Dometic AC. So, I might have to contact GD???
    The difference between what I had and what GD sent me is the new thermostat on the wall has a thermistor (dangly bits) hanging out the bottom of it. But yes, GD should send you a kit to replace what you have and it is not that difficult to do.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, I contacted Grand Design customer service, and told them the issue that I was having with the short cycling. Her response was that I'd have to take it back to my dealer and have them evaluate it. I told her that that would be over 200 miles away and was not practical. Too bad, see if there is another one closer. So basically GD was not helpful at all, very, very disappointing. Can't tell you how disappointed I am, after all of the kudos and praise I had seen about GD customer service. So, anyway, I called Furrion, and talked to their customer support and tech. Very helpful, a difference of night and day. The tech spent some time with me, I told him the issue, and he put me on hold a couple of times to ask advice. He said that the little knob/nub on the bottom of the thermostat was for the furnace. The sensor for the A/C is up in the plenum cavity. He said that the sensor should be pointing "up". If it is pointing "down" this can cause short cycling. He sent me a couple of pics illustrating this and of the wiring identifying which wires were what. So, I guess I'll check that out and hopefully that is all it is. Sure beats hooking up and traveling 200+ miles just to find that out, if it is the case. If not, he said that a case no. has been opened up and I can call back refer to that case no. and we can pick up where we left off. Hopefully this was just a little bump in the road concerning GD, in case I have to call them on something else...........
    Last edited by jas451; 06-19-2023 at 01:57 PM.
    2023 xls Imagine 22MLE

2009 Ford F-250 6.8 v10 SuperDuty Lariat Crew Cab

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jas451 View Post
    OK, I contacted Grand Design customer service, and told them the issue that I was having with the short cycling. Her response was that I'd have to take it back to my dealer and have them evaluate it. I told her that that would be over 200 miles away and was not practical. Too bad, see if there is another one closer. So basically GD was not helpful at all, very, very disappointing. Can't tell you how disappointed I am, after all of the kudos and praise I had seen about GD customer service. So, anyway, I called Furrion, and talked to their customer support and tech. Very helpful, a difference of night and day. The tech spent some time with me, I told him the issue, and he put me on hold a couple of times to ask advice. He said that the little knob/nub on the bottom of the thermostat was for the furnace. The sensor for the A/C is up in the plenum cavity. He said that the sensor should be pointing "up". If it is pointing "down" this can cause short cycling. He sent me a couple of pics illustrating this and of the wiring identifying which wires were what. So, I guess I'll check that out and hopefully that is all it is. Sure beats hooking up and traveling 200+ miles just to find that out, if it is the case. If not, he said that a case no. has been opened up and I can call back refer to that case no. and we can pick up where we left off. Hopefully this was just a little bump in the road concerning GD, in case I have to call them on something else...........
    Looks like in this case you have the new thermostat so going to the Dealer sounds right to me.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345