Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Temp Probe Relocation Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    I’ll post pictures later this week. Keep in mind my pics will not necessarily work for all models of GD units.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kitchen.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	36988 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bedroom.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	36989

These show the relocation of the main and bedroom temperature probes (the kitchen pic is sideways). I could have struggled with running the wires above the ceiling, but chose to run them in channels on the surface, and save the aggravation. I think they look acceptable. I had to carve out clearance inside the channels for the plug connecting the existing probe wire to the new extension wire. Other than that, it was relatively easy to install. This installation is in a 2022 3100RD. Good luck with your unit. Well worth the effort.
    2019 F150 Lariat SuperCrew 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
    2022 Grand Design Imagine 3100RD
    Blue Ox SwayPro WDH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have a 2022 3100RD with cycling issues. I saw this thread before calling them. They said that they are no longer offering a relocation kit as it voids the warranty.
    They sent me new thermostats. No directions whatsoever. Wouldn't there be an original probe that needs to be disconnected somewhere if the new thermostat has it built in? Is it built in? New t-stat is all black and has a couple openings on top like it might have a temp sensor. Not sure.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume you mean before calling GD. From what I’ve read in recent posts regarding Furrion’s “fix” for the thermostat/temp probe problem, the new thermostat and control board use the new probe in the thermostat only in the heat mode, but continues to use the existing probe inside the AC unit for air conditioning. I have an engineering research background which suggests to me this new approach is still flawed. All I know for certain is that my heat/AC now PERFORMS as you’d want it to with the relocation of the original probe to the wall using the wiring kit GD customer service sent to me with a promise to stand behind any future warranty claim on the AC unit. I still cannot grasp why Furrion put the original probe where they did.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume you mean before calling GD. From what I’ve read in recent posts regarding Furrion’s “fix” for the thermostat/temp probe problem, the new thermostat and control board use the new probe in the thermostat only in the heat mode, but continues to use the existing probe inside the AC unit for air conditioning. I have an engineering research background which suggests to me this new approach is still flawed. All I know for certain is that my heat/AC now PERFORMS as you’d want it to with the relocation of the original probe to the wall using the wiring kit GD customer service sent to me with a promise to stand behind any future warranty claim on the AC unit. I still cannot grasp why Furrion put the original probe where they did.
    Agree. I have both the castlewinch kit and the new module and thermostat in my parts bin
    Not installing anything as they still IMO are just guessing at this point
    Will wait for the next fix
    This all started as an issue with heat while boondocking which the new thermostat and module likely fix 100 percent
    But the people complaining of “short cycling” this does nothing to address that
    Why they didn’t allow the new module to read from the thermostat sensor instead of leaving the one in the AC cowl is mind blowing
    The first mistake imo is Grand Design getting in bed with Furrion. It may be their downfall
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason why the room sensor is in the A/C intake plenum is that it was designed as a multi zone system (up to 4 zones). If your rig has more than one A/C the thermostat (controller) is used to set the desired temperature, allowing each zone to maintain the set temperature in it's zone independently. This is probably not ideal for a single zone setup, they probably should have designed a different thermostat and control box for single zone setups.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion AC short-cycling

Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    The reason why the room sensor is in the A/C intake plenum is that it was designed as a multi zone system (up to 4 zones). If your rig has more than one A/C the thermostat (controller) is used to set the desired temperature, allowing each zone to maintain the set temperature in it's zone independently. This is probably not ideal for a single zone setup, they probably should have designed a different thermostat and control box for single zone setups.
    Likely. That is why I will wait until they wake up and figure it out
    The majority of trailers produced is single zone
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO, both Furrion and GD bungled the multi zone intention. It’s not explained in the manuals, and in execution it doesn’t work. Plus I fail to see that the setup as delivered when I bought our trailer provided anything different than our old rig with two AC units. In fact our new trailers system didn’t work!

As an engineer, I can’t see how putting temp sensors inside the AC plenums accomplishes anything superior to a thermostat/sensor combination on the wall.

We all know it’s impractical, in fact undesirable to to have to run a fan all the time for the AC or heat to function. I’m disappointed that this universal problem with Furrion has only been half solved. And by the way, the Furrion AC is excellent otherwise. We just returned from a week of high 90s with high humidity and the Furrion units kept temps in the low 70s easily.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish the fan was quieter, but from what I gather, the Furrion is quieter than most. I agree on the temps. I have my RV parked next to my house. It was 127f in there two days ago with no AC on. Yesterday, with the AC set to 86f (highest setting on the Furrion tstat) and the fan on LOW, it kept the trailer between 86 and 89 in 114f direct sunlight, and this was without the air dump open.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uwskier View Post
    I wish the fan was quieter, but from what I gather, the Furrion is quieter than most. I agree on the temps. I have my RV parked next to my house. It was 127f in there two days ago with no AC on. Yesterday, with the AC set to 86f (highest setting on the Furrion tstat) and the fan on LOW, it kept the trailer between 86 and 89 in 114f direct sunlight, and this was without the air dump open.
    Love that noisy fan. Perfect to drown out the campground drunks and cackling women
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO, both Furrion and GD bungled the multi zone intention. It’s not explained in the manuals, and in execution it doesn’t work. Plus I fail to see that the setup as delivered when I bought our trailer provided anything different than our old rig with two AC units. In fact our new trailers system didn’t work!

As an engineer, I can’t see how putting temp sensors inside the AC plenums accomplishes anything superior to a thermostat/sensor combination on the wall.

We all know it’s impractical, in fact undesirable to to have to run a fan all the time for the AC or heat to function. I’m disappointed that this universal problem with Furrion has only been half solved. And by the way, the Furrion AC is excellent otherwise. We just returned from a week of high 90s with high humidity and the Furrion units kept temps in the low 70s easily.
    I am still trying to figure it out for myself too. First hot air rises (duh) so having the temp sensor in the AC unit is bad when it pertains to heating. For cooling the sensor for the AC is in the AC where it pulls in the air from the room it would actually be cooler than at the thermostat. Or is that wrong?
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast