Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for advice on purchase of "used" 2020 Reflection315RLTS

Looking to upgrade from our current coach (Jayflight 24RKS) to a Reflection 315RLTS. Have owned the 24RKS for 5 years so familiar with trailer systems and things that can go wrong while in use over time. We found a 2020 315RLTS that the current owner purchased in June 2019. They never used it. Has been sitting in an open lot, uncovered, slides in, water lines winterized, no tire covers, and battery removed, since 6/2019. Not sure if window blinds have been open or closed. Located in eastern New Mexico. I know I need to check the tires for rot, roof for damage, interior for water damage (from exterior and water lines), rodents, slide operation and slide seals. I will also make sure all systems are functioning...such as both A/C's, furnace, fridge in both propane and 120v modes, HW heater, water pump, and fireplace. Anyone with experience with this situation that could shed some light on potential issues/pitfalls with prolonged inactivity for this coach? I'd like to know of any caveats before we make the 8 hour drive to look at this coach and possibly purchase it. Won't make the trek if there's any potential issues with A/C or fridge not being used for the last two years....possible lube issues with the slides....or wheel bearings drying up. Thanks for your input.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome, sounds like you know what to look for when you take the long trek. Fridge could be an issue sitting so long. Everything will need to be either re sealed or lubed baking in the sun, but would either way usedused of not.

Most of that is maintenance that needs to be done regardless and we you know it's part of rv ownership. Even with some problems if the price is right and you can do the work it could be well worth the trip. Let us know how it goes
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have a full grasp of the situation. If you are making that kind of trip, you are a serious party and the buyer should be alert to that and accommodating. Use that to your advantage and bring/rent a generator and ladder to inspect and test. I personally would also want to test the water system as the thermal cycling can work fitting such that there will be some leaks. All things are repairable, but it's the big things that help you buy accordingly. If you purchase, do not move it from where it sits till you do a bearing service! Provided there were no grease seal leaks, you should be able to clean up the drums and shoes with an emory scuff and adjust upon reassembly.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you both for your insight....I appreciate you taking time to respond and sharing your expertise. We'll see how it plays out. Have a GREAT DAY!!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would bring a battery too! Just in case. Good luck on your journey.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Red.......Good point.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mtnbiker, I purchased a used 2019 3350 that had been sitting on a seasonal site in AZ for a couple of years. I used a local RV Inspector to do what you are planning to do. The roof sealant ( Alpha 1010) had deteriorated in many places and had to be resealed. The RV tech gave me his opinion re: condition of the tires and said they should be good to go. I did take the time to repack the wheel bearings as per the sage advice I received here. I towed it home to MN without issue. Since then we have completed a 3000 mile round trip outing without issue. the only issues I have encountered are due to the low humidity environment of AZ. The glue joints in my chairs are weak, interior silicone has dried out in some places and has to be redone. Hoping it works out well for you. God's blessings, Frank.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advise Frank. I hadn't thought of that. Appreciate it.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the site! You definitely have a good grasp of what to check for. Excellent advice about the battery. Check with the seller to see if you have 30 or 50 amp electric available to test ac’s and other high power items. If you have access to a generator that would be good to test before you move. 3k should be fine, you could test ac’s one at a time. Bring a 20lb propane tank too to test wh, stove and fridge. If all goes well, you will love the floor plan. We have the same model and love it. Please check back in and tell us how it goes.

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update......The coach was sold before we could leave town. Thanks for all the great advice. Will continue our search for a Reflection 315 RLTS.