User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Airxcel thermostat problems

My heat is set at 75. When the internal temperature hits about 67 the furnace shuts off. It will not go back on until I turn the furnace off let it sit for 30 seconds and turn the furnace back to heat. Does this mean my thermostat is going bad and needs to be replaced?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Airxcel was working, but not reads 27 and toggles up to 35 but not higher on the a/c. Any idea what is up?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaAJ View Post
    My Airxcel was working, but not reads 27 and toggles up to 35 but not higher on the a/c. Any idea what is up?
    Did you change it from Fahrenheit to Celsius? I think you can do that, just not sure of the settings.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeesch View Post
    My heat is set at 75. When the internal temperature hits about 67 the furnace shuts off. It will not go back on until I turn the furnace off let it sit for 30 seconds and turn the furnace back to heat. Does this mean my thermostat is going bad and needs to be replaced?
    When you turn it back on does it heat to the 75 degree setting you choose?

What if you don't do anything when it cuts off at 67 degrees - does it come on again and then go to 75 or cut off again before 75?

Once it reaches the 75 degree set point (assuming it finally does), does it maintain that temp (when it drops below 75 it cuts on, when it reaches the set point it cuts off??)???

Kind of hard to tell of the thermostat is bad or not. Does it work OK on air conditioning setting?

This may or may not help explain the way it is operating although I don't really have any good suggestions on what else to try.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looked to me like that may be the problem as well. By holding down the bottom “bar” button, it toggles between F and C. Thanks