Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 2400BH furnace quit igniting on maiden voyage

Hi all,

On our first journey in the new trailer our furnace quit igniting. It worked for most of the night (thank god) but quit at around 4am. I’m looking for any advice as we are in a fairly remote location so parts are going to be hard to come by.

Trouble shooting steps taken:
    -Propane is full and flowing. Stove tops work with normal blue flame and a slight smell of propane emits from furnace as we try to run it.
    -Sail switch is clean and moves as expected and depresses the contact button when blower starts.
    -Blower is functional.
    -Fuse seems clear and fine.
    -model is Suburban Airxcel.

I’m thinking the circuit board is faulty or blew something. I hope that’s not the case as it would likely mean the trip gets cut short. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you hear the spark electrode firing? If not it may be bad and need replaced.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
    2021 GD Reflection 303rls
    2019 ram 2500 Crew Cab tradesman 4x4
    Autoslider 5th wheel hitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think so. There is a definite click that repeats as the blower is going.

Also, the “on/off” switch doesn’t do anything. Switching it off has no impact on the blower or any operation.

The good news is I found a small hardware store that had a space heater that produces an amazing amount of heat. So the trip is still successful.