User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    I'll have to see if mine will work there. Looks better than where I have it. Mine is on the passenger side of the truck and now my DW's responsibility to keep an eye on.
    To mount it there, I used some velcro on the back of the unit. The sunglass holder has a rubber liner that pulls out. The velcro I had didn't stick to that liner very well, so I sewed the velcro onto it, then put it back in. That way if I ever decide to not do this anymore, all I have to do is buy a new rubber liner to replace it.

This works exceptionally well. The battery in the TST will easily last 3 days on the road before needing a charge. Up there in the holder either me or my wife can check it and it's pretty close to my ear so I can hear the alarm even when I'm blasting the stereo. When I'm not using it, I just close the holder and it's out of the way.
    signature

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went out to the shop the other day and the monitor was hanging from it's tether. Glad I tethered it or I might have another broke display

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tpms tethered.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	35737
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m installing my 507 setup this week.

I have a quick question, on the repeater is the red light a on/off switch? I was gonna connect it to my buss bars in my pass through and they don’t have an on/off switch.

I was disappointed the repeater didn’t come with some sort of electrical connectors. That would be fine at home but kinda of a pain making an extra trip while camping.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip94ta View Post
    I’m installing my 507 setup this week.

I have a quick question, on the repeater is the red light a on/off switch? I was gonna connect it to my buss bars in my pass through and they don’t have an on/off switch.

I was disappointed the repeater didn’t come with some sort of electrical connectors. That would be fine at home but kinda of a pain making an extra trip while camping.
    It doesn't have a switch. What i did was to use a 2 pin power plug (male and female). I tapped into the power in the electrical box that is mounted in the hitch. I just unplug it when not using the camper

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hopkins-2-P...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply, I’ll look into it.

It’s weird that the white cover over the red light clicks up and down. The instructions on the repeater are a little lacking.

2018 F-250 6.7L Leveled, 35’s.
    2019 Imagine 2500RL, 640w Solar, Lion UT1300s, 3000w Inverter
    CRE3000, Sumosprings

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually just used the old repeater from my previous system. The new one may be different. I just kept it as a spare.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just mounted a toggle switch to a piece of 1/4 luan and screwed it to the top frame member in the front compartment above the battery and ran wires to the bus bar, and then grounded to the fame. My only problem is remembering to turn it off.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the TST for about 4 years but about year ago I switched to the Tire Minder because you can see the tires on the screen at the same time and check it in one glance. No more flashing number and waiting till switches tires. I can easily compare pressures and temps across all the tires at one time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0199.jpg  
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    I had the TST for about 4 years but about year ago I switched to the Tire Minder because you can see the tires on the screen at the same time and check it in one glance. No more flashing number and waiting till switches tires. I can easily compare pressures and temps across all the tires at one time.
    The Tire Minder gives a new reading every 6 seconds so the numbers you see on the screen aren't accurate... You would have to look at the screen for 6 seconds to make sure the reading are correct. Now if you had a dozen sensors your 6 seconds would be faster than what the TST does by scanning.

The TST gives an instant indication if a tire loses air fast and I assume the Tire Minder does too..

Thanks JDF .........

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer View Post
    The Tire Minder gives a new reading every 6 seconds so the numbers you see on the screen aren't accurate... You would have to look at the screen for 6 seconds to make sure the reading are correct. Now if you had a dozen sensors your 6 seconds would be faster than what the TST does by scanning.

The TST gives an instant indication if a tire loses air fast and I assume the Tire Minder does too..

Thanks JDF .........
    I could disconnect from my RV and drive home and both the Tire Minder or the TST would still be showing the last readings. The Tire Minder will find the tires a lot faster than TST if all the reading are showing zero or NS. Both will go off if tire starts to loose pressure.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast