2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer View Post
    Thanks. No real advantage for either one
    That brings up a good question, how old are those readings? If I can drive 20 miles home and they read last pressure how can you be sure if the readings are 6 seconds old or 10 minutes old?. Hmmm. I know when I check pressure and take sensor off the alarm goes off just soon as the air starts to release but what about the readings.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    That brings up a good question, how old are those readings? If I can drive 20 miles home and they read last pressure how can you be sure if the readings are 6 seconds old or 10 minutes old?. Hmmm. I know when I check pressure and take sensor off the alarm goes off just soon as the air starts to release but what about the readings.
    On my TST I can unscrew the sensor and I get an alarm instantly as well.

You can't try releasing air because the alarm goes off- well maybe if you try to release it very slow. Maybe get a reading on a sensor, release a slight amount of air and see how long before a new reading appears??

JDF
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother_Bluto View Post
    Love the TST 507 with the color monitor. I put it on a BuiltRight Industries dash tray mount in the F450. Added power to the tray to keep wires there too. Perfect setup.Attachment 34447
    I also bought the Built Right Mount along with a Ram Cell Phone mount. The Ram Cell Phone mount holds the TST 507 Color Monitor very firmly.

I too will be running 12v power (with 2 USB power ports and a 12v power outlet) up into the tray behind the Built Right mounting bracket.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my TST I can unscrew the sensor and I get an alarm instantly as well.

You can't try releasing air because the alarm goes off- well maybe if you try to release it very slow. Maybe get a reading on a sensor, release a slight amount of air and see how long before a new reading appears??

JDF
    I tried the last night. First both the TST and the Tire Minder both sounded an alarm if let air out to fast but you can let out really really slow and neither one would alert. It would take between 1 to 3 minutes for the new pressure would display with the Tire Minder on the lower end and the TST on the upper end.

TST took up to 6 minutes to find 4 tires after being turned off but the Tire Minder showed all tires when it was first turned on but they were the last readings before being turn off and took 2 to 3 minutes for all the tires to display new pressures.
    Last edited by CWSWine; 07-29-2021 at 07:53 AM.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, sounds like they are really similar in operation
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, sounds like they are really similar in operation
    I strongly suspect that all of the various TPMS systems are coming from the same factory in China, whether brand name or random Chinese brand. Take off the branding and it might be impossible to detect which display is a TireMinder.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    FWIW, the TST can take up to an hour to notify you that the monitor has lost contact with a tire sensor. So, theoretically, you could be looking at tire pressure that is 59 minutes old. I know this for a fact because mine did that one time, only it was just 45 minutes.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    I strongly suspect that all of the various TPMS systems are coming from the same factory in China, whether brand name or random Chinese brand. Take off the branding and it might be impossible to detect which display is a TireMinder.
    You can tell the difference between the TST and the Tire Minder. TST has used the same sensors for years and the Tire Minder upgrade there about year or so ago and older ones will not work with the new Tire Minder system. The old Tire Minders worked with the TST system. Here is a picture of both sitting together. Tire Minder on the top and TST sitting below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0199.jpg  
    Dennis & Ellie

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one of my TST 507 pressure monitors mounted on my onboard air compressor manifold. When I run the compressor, the manifold regulator will overpressure a little bit, then regulate down to the set pressure - which is 120psi right now.

During the overpressure, then regulator drop, the TST will pick that right up and sound an alarm.

What I REALLY like about this unit is it's battery management system. It seems to completely shut off if I accidentally leave it on, then fires right back up when I start driving.
    signature

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast