User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grey tank problem?

Ok, still learning about my 230RL but this is strange (to me anyway).

To explain this best as I can......"thought" I did a good and thorough dump of gray and black tanks after last adventure, got ready yesterday for the current trip (Grand Lake) so, added mixture and 5 gallons water to black tank....traveled to Gander RV and let everything slosh around, go to Gander and dumped black, chasing it with gray water until all clear, pumped hose water in, all good, nothing else came out.....got to Grand late yesterday, ok, all that said to get to this....

...we showered last night, no dishes yet, nothing more to create gray water but yet, I press my tank button and it shows 2/3 full......what the heck.....am I just not doing something right at nautilus panel to get gray tank empty?
    Dump black tank followed by gray flush.....isn't it just pulling the handles, no swith-ology on the panel......right??
    It has to be me and not doing something right. I just know I could by no means have 2/3 gray full by two showers.....70 gallon holding tank.....we take our showers correctly.

Someone please tell me I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks and sorry for the long note.....just wanted to make sure all the story was covered.

Ray
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The indicators are uniformly terrible,
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    Ok, still learning about my 230RL but this is strange (to me anyway).

To explain this best as I can......"thought" I did a good and thorough dump of gray and black tanks after last adventure, got ready yesterday for the current trip (Grand Lake) so, added mixture and 5 gallons water to black tank....traveled to Gander RV and let everything slosh around, go to Gander and dumped black, chasing it with gray water until all clear, pumped hose water in, all good, nothing else came out.....got to Grand late yesterday, ok, all that said to get to this....

...we showered last night, no dishes yet, nothing more to create gray water but yet, I press my tank button and it shows 2/3 full......what the heck.....am I just not doing something right at nautilus panel to get gray tank empty?
    Dump black tank followed by gray flush.....isn't it just pulling the handles, no swith-ology on the panel......right??
    It has to be me and not doing something right. I just know I could by no means have 2/3 gray full by two showers.....70 gallon holding tank.....we take our showers correctly.

Someone please tell me I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks and sorry for the long note.....just wanted to make sure all the story was covered.

Ray
    Just be aware that sensors are notorious for inaccurate readings. The longer you have your rig the better you can gauge how full/empty your tanks are.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    The indicators are uniformly terrible,
    Echoing John and Livin - those indicators are uniformly crap and doesn't matter what magic we use to clean them - they still don't report accurate. We just got into a rhythm where we flush black weekly and, as we do showers and laundry, we fill and dump greys.
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As others have said. You'll get to know your rig and won't need to rely on those sensors. So far on ours we've been lucky with the sensors using the Geo Method. This is what we use, https://kleentank.com/the-geo-method/. It's a short article with the mixture recipe at the end. It's real cheap to make and many have had success.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, they're known for not working correctly. I know my tanks are clean and empty, yet the #1 (shower) grey tank still shows at 1/3. We mainly ignore them.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to everyone for input, i put an inline flow meter on the end of the hose and it is only showing 13 gallons from the hose......i am a physical kinda person. I like knowing....thats what messed with my mind, 13 gallons in and showing 40 gallons (2/3) in the tanks.
    Thanks again.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    Yep, they're known for not working correctly. I know my tanks are clean and empty, yet the #1 (shower) grey tank still shows at 1/3. We mainly ignore them.
    Thanks Sarge and thanks for your service....i was Aviation in the Army.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Gander dump station in ICT is a little off level. Try raising the the side of your trailer before dumping there. I use it and put my Anderson's under the wheels and go to town.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best indicator of a tank full is not the sensors, it's your low points, like water not draining down the shower.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast