User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TST 507 TPMS review

I have had the TST 507 with flow through sensors since 2015 or '16. I have had one sensor fail and the B&W display has always been hard to read. My only other complaint is you can't (aren't supposed to) run the flow through sensors on rubber valve stems and the fact that the little set screws are a PITA. I had metal stems put on my 29rs but my other trailers are still rubber as I move the sensors from RV to gooseneck to flat bed depending upon what I am towing.

On our last trip to CO last month my display fell from the windshield, bounced off the dash then the console then hit the floor. Case got busted and display doesn't come on.

I bought the new TST 507 with the color display and the cap style sensors. So far I am very happy with this. For one the display is easy to read (BTW this time I mounted the display directly below my rear view mirror and made a tether out of a mini bungee cord so if it comes loose it won't fall.
    Second the caps are easy to remove. I didn't use the locking nuts so I can easily remove them to store them in the truck (to save the battery) or to move from trailer to trailer.
    Several of my trailers have the same tire pressure so for those I don't have to change any settings. The cargo trailer has lower ratings and the gooseneck has higher but once you learn to change the settings it doesn't take long.

When I was taking the batteries out of the old flow through sensors I noticed one had some water get in but was still working. I would be interested in selling the old ones if anyone is interested send me a pm- they will work with the new system btw as does my old repeater
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the old 510 system for 12 years. It worked good, but in all those years I was fortunate to never have an alarm.

Last month I bought a new 507 system, and on the 5th day of use I picked up a nail in one of the trailer tires. It was a very slow leak, but had it not been for the TST TPMS I would have probably ran the trailer for miles without knowing.

Like JD Farmer I also had my monitor fall off the windshield the first day my truck sat in the sun. The hot windshield (setting in the sun) will let the suction cup loosen. Fortunately I don't think the monitor sustained any damage. A tether sounds like a good idea.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the TST 507 with the color monitor. I put it on a BuiltRight Industries dash tray mount in the F450. Added power to the tray to keep wires there too. Perfect setup.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Builtrite.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	34447
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love my TST 507. I like the color monitor and have a nice mount for it right next to my rear camera monitor.

My new 337rls came with the Tire Linc system which is still in the unopened box. If anybody is interested I'd probably be willing to sell the Tire Linc. PM me with a reasonable offer.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love my TST 507. I like the color monitor and have a nice mount for it right next to my rear camera monitor.

My new 337rls came with the Tire Linc system which is still in the unopened box. If anybody is interested I'd probably be willing to sell the Tire Linc. PM me with a reasonable offer.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother_Bluto View Post
    Love the TST 507 with the color monitor. I put it on a BuiltRight Industries dash tray mount in the F450. Added power to the tray to keep wires there too. Perfect setup.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Builtrite.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	34447
    I really like that setup. Are those RAM ball mounts? Can you share the specs? [emoji3] I thinking I could mount my rear view camera and TPMS side by side

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I really like that setup. Are those RAM ball mounts? Can you share the specs? [emoji3] I thinking I could mount my rear view camera and TPMS side by side

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    The mount is a Builtright Industries dash tray mount with (3) Ram ball “B” mounts w/square base mounted on top.

To hold the TST, I have (1) Ram X-grip (large phone size I think and (1) Ram short double arm “B”

When towing, I add my Furrion camera and Garmin RV770 using (2) more Ram X-grips and (2) Ram double “B” socket swivel & ratchet arms on the two outside Ram balls.

I ran power to the tray (using the pass thru wires and an upfitter switch) and installed a 12V outlet and a double USB outlet in the tray.(I used Blue Sea components). I also found a 1ft angled USB cord that is perfect for the TST. I found some guys that posted their work in the Ford-Trucks forum that was about as close to a step by step there was.

The whole setup works well and doesn’t block my view… but still puts everything within reach.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the TST is excellent! All of my trailers are set up to it along with their spares and the spare on my RAM - game changer with my back!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20200512-WA0002_121442955565390.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	34481
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another option that works well for me ..

Name:	20210120_165551.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	34483
    signature

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbbrewer View Post
    Another option that works well for me ..

Name:	20210120_165551.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	34483
    I'll have to see if mine will work there. Looks better than where I have it. Mine is on the passenger side of the truck and now my DW's responsibility to keep an eye on.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast