Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Washing RV for first time

The front of our 5ver has light dirt streaks so I think it is time to give it a was. Since I have never washed it before...and this is our first RV...figured I would reach out to the experienced vets to get some tips. Would like to find a telescoping pole with brush/scrubby pad on the end that I can use to get to the high places. What have others used like this? What works best for cleaning the streaks off? What about waxing...at least the front cap?
    2015 Reflection 323BHS
    2014 F250 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been discussed in other threads. But I use (and many others have used) the WashWax All kit. Do a google search and you can find the complete kit sold on there website or Amazon. It goes for $219 + shipping.
    Stephen & Nikki

2013 Ford F-250 SRW w/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, B&W Companion Hitch,
    Titan XXL 50 Gallon Mid-Ship Fuel Tank and Viair Onboard Air.
    2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Steve and Lynne
    At last year's GD rally in Elkhart, a nice couple, Gary and Linda, full time travelers and also a veteran-owned business, were selling some products we RVers need, including a tire pressure monitoring system and a great system for cleaning the outside of our RVs. It is called wash/wax, and consists of some non-toxic solutions, microfiber and scrubbing pads, and a high quality pole/handle that allows one to cover every surface of the RV from the ground. The company also markets to aviation. Their website is washwax.com, very informative and accurate. It looks like you can order direct from their headquarters in San Antonio, but I have just found Gary and Linda's website which is gnlrvspecialties.com, and when I reorder products, I will use them as they are doing this to enjoy themselves on the road and support themselves! Major advantage also- you can do this in any park you are in, because you are using no water and creating no mess! The websites do a much better job, but we are satisfied users!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had our Reflection for well over one year and have put over 10k miles on the trailer. I wash it before and after every trip. I found a great extending brush at Costco which I am able to reach past th middle of the trailer roof, yes I also wash the roof but only once per trip. For this I use a ladder and work from the side. As far as soap I use regular car wash soap, for wax I use a spray wax called Babes, it's a boat wax which I have used for year, it is used while the trailer is still wet, it prevents water spots and leaves the trailer nice and looking new.
    Horst, Marlene & Jack, Turlock-CA.
    Reflection 303RLS,
    01 Chevy 3500, 6.0L gas, DRW, 4:10 Gears.
    One big giant (140lbs) chocolate lab Jack.

Steve and Lynne
    Hello Horst!
    Jack at 140 lbs. makes our Black Lab Storm look like a 5 month old puppy, and he's large for a Lab at 90 lbs. The method and products you describe sound like a good and reasonably priced alternative to washwax. For us, we are happy with the results we get, and since we are on the road and have no home base, being able to do our exterior cleaning and waxing in an RV park is huge, and the fact that we are done in less than 3 hours is nice too! But the Babes spray wax sounds great, is it popular at marinas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Steve,
    Yea, Jack is a pretty big boy! But like almost all labs he has the disposition of a gentle baby. Anyhow, I buy Babes wax at the marine store they sell it by the gallon. Let me know if you have difficulty finding it, I'll help you.
    Horst, Marlene & Jack, Turlock-CA.
    Reflection 303RLS,
    01 Chevy 3500, 6.0L gas, DRW, 4:10 Gears.
    One big giant (140lbs) chocolate lab Jack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wanted to let others know that besides the Wash/Wax All product I bought, I also tried another product that is for wet washing. I love Wash/Wax All, but with some of the stubborn streak marks its hard to get off. Every now and again, I like to do a nice wet wash on the camper. I found a product at a dealership called Wash & wax made by Tiger Distributing, I used 2 oz for every 5 gallons of water and the product works great. My unit was really dirty form all the rain we have been having down here in Louisiana, so it was a good test. I also purchased a great soft bristle brush to aid in the cleaning which has a fanned out design to get into those hard to reach spots with your hand and, also I used the pole that came with the wash/wax All to get the top of the unit. When it was all done, my camper looked new again and for the stubborn black streaks that have a new company out called Bio-Kleen and they have a Black Streak remover that works wonderfully on the camper without damaging the clear gel coat. I have attached a picture of these products and brush for reference.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4056.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	2379
    Wash & Wax

Name:	IMG_4057.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	2380
    Black Streak Remover

Name:	IMG_4058.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	2381
    Brush Bristles

Name:	IMG_4059.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	2382
    Brush Head
    Stephen & Nikki

2013 Ford F-250 SRW w/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, B&W Companion Hitch,
    Titan XXL 50 Gallon Mid-Ship Fuel Tank and Viair Onboard Air.
    2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic from the dollar store for stubborn black streaks. Best of all is is only a dollar per bottle. One bottle will last (for me) about 5 or six cleanings. I also like a product called Reliable, about $20 per gallon, but you dilute it and it will last at least a year for bi-weekly washings. Also is good straight from the bottle for black streaks. You can use Reliable as a waterless wash. The wife and I once did our trailer (24 footer at the time) at the campground when we had time on our hands, and were much younger :-)
    Don & Judy
    Charlotte - SPCA Special

2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 F350 Dually CC LB 6.7L