User Tag List

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Portable PI EMS 50A plugged into 240V

Headline: Progressive Industries portable 50A EMS was plugged into what I would say was a miswired 50A RV plug. When it was plugged in, it read 240V on L1. Now LCD screen is blank after plug wiring was changed again.

Background: My wife was at her cousin's house with the RV and plugged in to their house (30A) using a dog bone and the EMS, no problems.

She took the RV to a different cousin's house today and plugged into their 50A RV plug and the EMS indicated 240V on L1. He just had this plug installed by an electrician, but didnt like the orientation of it so he changed it(not by an electrician). After he changed it is when my wife plugged the EMS in. I'm positive it was miswired. He changed something again and now the LCD on the EMS is blank (insists breaker is shut).

I told my wife to go back to the other cousin's house with the known working 30A power. Hopefully the EMS works there.

Anyone have a similar problem with the EMS after plugging in to a miswired outlet?

Unfortunately, my wife, kids and RV are 700 miles away from me right now so I cant check or help much. I asked her if he checked the outlet with a meter, but it sounds like he didnt. Either way, thank goodness for the EMS and my wife understanding how important it is. If she gets back to the 30A power and it still doesnt work, I'll be calling Progressive Industries.

The EMS manual says it does accidental 240V protection, so it shouldn't be dead.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FT4NOW; 05-28-2021 at 06:58 PM.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH