Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I “Imagine” us “Newbies” should introduce ourselves by now

Hi all,

I’ve been lurking a bit since February, when we (Christine and Douglas) purchased our 3rd trailer camper, 2nd hard-side trailer, and 1st Grand Design.

We started with a Coleman Mesa pop up and 1996 Jeep Cherokee about 21 years ago, upgraded to a Heartland Northtrail 31RED and 2005 Dodge Durango about 13 years ago, and now in a 2021 Imagine 2600RB and 2000 Ford F-250. Our home base is a little north east of Atlanta, GA.

I’m amazed how this forum is so packed with friendly wisdom and experience. I’ve learned a lot just in the few short months of lurking. It was an easy decision to become a supporting member. I hope it keeps going a long time. I’m grateful for everyone here that contributes their knowledge.

I say “Newbies” in air-quotes for a couple of reasons. Although we’re actually on our 200th camping stay as I type this, every trip is as fresh as the first. Just being out in the camper never gets old; I love taking it somewhere; I love setting it up; and we love staying in it. And the second reason is, even after 200 trips, I still don’t feel “experienced”. If you put me in that room with the boxes and the banana, the monkey will beat me to stacking the boxes and the banana. I’m definitely not mechanically inclined; my day job is typing software into a computer.

That said, we love our Imagine. I want to learn how to take care of it well and do it justice. I was ignorant of a lot of things on our last camper and let excessive water damage creep up on it, but it (luckily, really) served us well for 12 years. We lucked into a used 2600RB that went on only 4 trips with lots of upgrades and options thrown in by the previous owner, so it was an instant purchase.

So, that’s a little bit about our situation and how we(I) came to join this group. I hope to participate and help where I can. I have a few questions lined up as well. Glad to “meet” you all and Happy Camping!

~Douglas & Christine
    Douglas & Christine
    2019 Ford F-250 XLT 6.2L V8 Fx4 Crew Cab short-bed
    2021 Imagine 2600RB, Build 5/2020
    Equal-i-zer 4-Point Sway Control™, 10000/1000 bars; Ford brake controller; LevelMatePRO+®
    Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventure LT275/70R18 (E)
    Westlake Super ST Load Range E 10 p.r.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome! Way, way in the way-back, Nikki and I ditched the tents for a used Coleman pop-up. A model long before Fleetwood was building them, and I even remember the golf cart tires!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from Hall County, Flowery Branch to be specific.
    I like your introduction:
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the group

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting intro. We started camping in a 76 Econoline Van that we customized. Welcome to the forum from Western Maryland !
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS